Last updated an hour ago
Role Title: Quality and Training Manager
Business: Retail Banking and Wealth Management
New or Existing Role- New
- The Digital Messaging Experiences & Sales (DMES) group will have the responsibility of continuously executing, on behalf of Digital groups, optimised messaging and targeting to customers. The scope of the messaging will primarily be the Personal Internet, Mobile, Email, Push, SMS and Public Website areas, with associated landing pages, calls to action and supporting collateral for these communications. This will also extend beyond the website to other digital channels. This group will need to seamlessly produce, deploy, measure and optimise targeted communications to customers.
- The purpose of this role is to ensure a consistent Training and Quality Assurance approach is applied across the regional operational messaging Squads. They will oversee and coordinate a consistent Quality Assurance process to ensure that the outputs from Squads meet the highest quality standards. The role holder will also create, oversee and co-ordinate the end-to-end training requirements across the systems, platforms and processes that are used within DMES Ops. In some cases, this will require the creation of training materials, in others it will require developing new materials with internal teams, SMEs and third party vendors.
- The role holder will support a culture of continuous learning and maximise the capabilities of colleagues to ensure maximum quality and efficiency of output. They will also proactively work to close QA/training gaps identified though proactive risk management and incidents that have arisen.
- The role is situated within a regional team and will focus on DMES Operations and within the region.
Impact on the Business:
- Improve quality outputs of Squad activity across DMES Ops activity (messaging, content optimisation, targeting etc.)
- Improve operational efficiency though overseeing effective training plans and driving a culture of continuous capability improvement
- Mitigate risk and repeat incidents by addressing targeted training needs at a team and individual level.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Key stakeholders include:
- Squad leads to understand training gaps and opportunities
- Transformation leads to align training to roll out of new functionality across processes and systems
- Controls functions (such as Risk, Fraud, Legal, Compliance) to align with gaps on where to improve QA and training
- SMEs who will in some instances provide training for their respective areas
- Internal and third party training teams where specialised or bespoke training is required
- Other stakeholders that arise on a project basis or at the discretion of WPB
Leadership & Teamwork
- The role will be situated in the wider DMES Ops regional team and will require collaboration with DMES Ops management
- Establish excellent working relationship with digital teams and the wider content requestors community across the business
- Works collaboratively and communicates persuasively, emphasising teamwork, diversity, and knowledge-sharing within HSBC
- Influence partners to resolve and improve Digital Messaging capabilities
- Vendor management where required for third party training
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Understanding and adherence to operational processes and risk controls. Minimise defects/incidents though targeted training and QA
- Adherence to HSBC and in country regulatory and compliance policies
- Proactively evaluate and identify risks
- Liaise with appropriate departments, when potential risks are identified, for mitigation
Observation of Internal Controls
- The job holder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The job holder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- The job holder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours required to support the Best Place to Bank principles of Make Better Products, Sell Them Properly and Keep Them Sold.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.