|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you keen to help pursuing AI to solve one of the most pressing problems of our society? Do you want to work on healthcare technology with the potential of impacting millions of people around the world? Come and join our vibrant team with an ambitious mission, bring your experience and your personal perspective!
The Medical Imaging Team (InnerEye) in the Health Intelligence group at Microsoft Research Cambridge (UK) is working state of the art AI research to help clinicians to achieve more.
The team has an exciting opportunity for a machine learning researcher who will develop cutting edge machine learning solutions and tools that can transform the work of clinicians and improve patient outcomes. The candidate will be responsible for the design, development and execution of an exciting research agenda in collaboration with other machine learning and systems experts, clinicians, social scientists and designers.To learn more information, please visit:
The ideal candidate will have a strong intellectual curiosity and passion to solve real-world problems in healthcare. The responsibilities will include:
- Democratize medical imaging AI, empowering clinical partners to build and deploy state of the art medical imaging AI using Azure and Open Source: http://aka.ms/innereyeoss.
- Design, implement and evaluate machine learning solutions which consider key clinical factors and responsible AI.
- Support the strategic planning of the team by providing research leadership.
- Publishing work at top conferences and journals such as: NeurIPS, ICML, Nature, MICCAI
- Engage with clinicians and domain experts to shape the research for maximum impact and relevance.
- PhD in machine learning, medical imaging or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Deep Learning in Medical Imaging or Computer Vision
- Publications at top conferences and journals such as: NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, MICCAI, Nature, CVPR, ICCV …)
- Hands-on experience with deep learning techniques and toolboxes (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow).
- Strong software development skills.
- Experience in translating real-world medical problems into machine learning.
- Experience solving cloud scale problems.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.