|Job Type:||Full Time|
Intern opportunities for undergraduate students: Consulting
Customer Success Account Manager Intern
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Business Area – Customer Success Unit
The Customer Success Account Manager role would be within the Customer Success Unit (CSU) which is responsible for enabling Microsoft's largest Enterprise Customers on their journey to embrace Digital Transformation. The Customer Success Unit is a large organization which works with some of the world's best known brands along with the UK's largest Public Sector organisations. The community is made up of a diverse mix of technical, change management and support delivery skills and experiences. The CSU’s expertise is supporting customers in becoming adopters of Microsoft's cloud technologies.
As we are anticipating a high volume of applications, we will close this role once we reach our threshold likely to be in less than one week from posting. You may find for some of our more popular roles this will happen very quickly so if you're interested please don't delay your application.
Please note we are doing this with you in mind, to ensure where we can that you have the best application experience.
The Intern Experience
The Intern Programme isn’t your average tea-making, hand-holding internship. It’s your chance to join a team where you will work on real projects from the start, with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Develop your natural talents and build experience that will change how you look at everything, from smartphones to search engines. We are hiring interns across all of our business areas. So, whatever your skill set, we have an internship programme that will challenge and develop your current capabilities.
Our interns work on projects that matter with teams that will rely on your skills and insights to help deliver those projects. You'll get the opportunity to work on real projects and have fun along the way.
As a customer success professional, you will be part of a team supporting Microsoft’s enterprise customers and partners helping them optimize their business performance and be on the front line dedicated to solving their operational and technical challenges. You will gain a solid understanding of your customer’s business, industry and needs as cloud and emerging technologies enable digital transformation opportunities for their organizations. You will be part of a Customer Success team responsible for delivering solutions to enable the customer’s desired outcomes, working closely with other Account teams.
Do you want to work on a meaningful and impactful project and make a difference? Are you willing to learn from others and open to new ideas? Do you want to support others to succeed and operate in a highly collaborative and global environment? If this sounds like you, Microsoft would like to invite you to come join us as you are, where you can find more than just a job.
Customer Success Account Manager Role Overview
As a Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM), you are the primary customer facing role responsible for customer success through the management of program deliveries and strong customer relationships. The prevailing business priority is the customers’ successful adoption and productive use of Microsoft cloud technologies. You are front and center with our customers supporting their digital journey and empowering them to achieve more!
- Customer Success Account Managers (CSAMs) drive quality planning and delivery of Support services to realize customer business outcomes and overall experience with Microsoft solutions.
- CSAMs partner with customer and Account Team to prioritize and plan customer engagements and programs, driving outcomes to improve the health, performance, and business capabilities of the prioritized workloads.
- You will drive orchestration, customer sponsor management, and stakeholder communication of prioritized engagements and programs.
- Tracking, escalating, and planning for the remediation of technical blockers and provides engineering feedback to further our product and solutions, as appropriate.
- Working very closely with a CSAM manager and mentor to understand the CSAM role.
We are looking for candidates that have the following qualities:
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative and global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Diverse & Inclusive: You don't just value differences, you seek them out and invite them in.
- Pursuing either a bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Excellent communication skills and strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to manage relationships, both internally and with customers, to support the team to create business transformation
- Strong organisational skills and willingness to learn.
- Passion for technology, both consumer and enterprise
- Must be in their penultimate year of university and eligible for a 12 month internship in the UK starting July 2021
- Must have right to work for the full duration of the internship without need for sponsorship
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.