|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come and join an award-winning business in the North West. Our bridge team has an enviable reputation for being the best in the region. If you are a Principal or Associate level Engineer then this could be the next step in your career. The bridge team has recently delivered numerous high-profile bridge projects including the Ordsall Chord for Northern Hub, Silver Jubilee Bridge Complex, Nottingham Tram, Besses O' Th' Barn Bridge, several Network Rail Viaducts, Menai Bridge Inspection and Northern Powerhouse Rail.
The team comprises over twenty staff delivering projects from our Altrincham and Manchester office. Due to a strong project portfolio, including HS2, we are seeking highly skilled bridge engineers to expand the team, delivering high-profile projects and mentoring younger staff members.
The buildings and infrastructure division employs over 150 staff across a variety of disciplines, including bridges, building structures, materials, highways and light/heavy rail.
* Lead engineering design on new build projects
* Lead design teams throughout all phases of the project, from bidding to completion
* Mentor staff members
* Involved on a range of small to large projects which are industry and publicly high profile
* Able to guide a growing team carrying out bridge feasibility works, design, assessment and strengthening depending upon project requirements
* Required to act as Project Director
* Responsible for all aspects of assigned project work
* Working on a range of both road and rail bridge commissions, ranging from inspection and assessment work to feasibility studies
* Engineering refurbishment and replacement schemes
* Conduct business development alongside the team manager
The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offer fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development. Get in touch and find out where a career with Mott MacDonald could take you.
We're looking for engineers with the same passion and enthusiasm that we have already in the team. If you have the right attitude and attributes, we want to talk to you.
* Experience of a range of bridge engineering solutions
* CEng, MICE or similar
* Familiar with both Highways England (HE) and Network Rail (NR) design standards including Eurocodes
* Experience of working in UK bridge engineering and involvement in the full project lifecycle, including budget/finance control
* Proven team leading experience, with the ability to lead and mentor graduates
* Experience working in or with a multi-disciplinary design consultancy
* A strong technical focus
* Strong IT skills
* Highly experienced with a strong personal interest in bridge engineering which will be utilised in a broad range of engineering projects
* Capability to work to deadlines