|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
As a Senior .Net Engineer (Consultant), you are a practiced member of the team. You'll be competent at owning and delivering solutions and being the design authority for how features are implemented.
- You’ll have proven experience across the .Net technologies:
- .NET Web Framework
- .NET Core
- You can expect to use your knowledge of architecture; our clients will look to you for advice and contribution in higher level architectural discussions.
- You take ownership for certain aspects of the development process by putting appropriate methods and tools in place.
- You will have regular conversations with clients, and be a point of contact between the client and the project team.
- Coaching and mentoring more junior members of the team, and deputising for the team principal, will be important in the role.
- Your involvement in shaping bids (working with a bid team) will assist to create approaches or proposals, and perhaps you may also add valuable contributions during presentations to clients in a formal selection process.
- You'll play an active role in account management.
As a team, we transform our client’s businesses using a combination of strategic thinking, customer-centric service design, and agile engineering practices. We do this at internet scale – driving innovation, and enriching people’s lives. Our skills and talent enable PA’s purpose of creating positive a human future in a technology driven world.
Our ambition is to be the best, most ingenious, Digital team that our clients have ever worked with. And we want Digital to be the best team you’ve ever worked with in the best job you’ve ever had.
What we're looking for
Our clients have a vast array of technologies, but we aren't expecting you to have exposure to the whole toolkit!
Working in an agile development team is highly sought after, where you're applying development practices such as;
- Agile sprints to deliver incremental code.
- TDD and/or BDD approaches, considering outcome at design. Knowledge of test automation.
- Secure development and architectural practices, as well as knowledge of non-functional considerations.
- JIRA for tracking progress and traceability.
- Working alongside others in the team to develop design, elaborate user stories and deliver estimates during story pointing.
- Reviewing code with your teammates to provide assurance on a release.
- Developing code using CI/CD tools.
- Working against a branching strategy, contributing code regularly to repo E.g. git, svn or cvs.
- Resolving root cause analysis and troubleshooting solutions.
- Using your working knowledge of OOP.
- Implementing design and concurrency patterns.
- Writing clean, readable, maintainable and reusable code.
- Appreciating scalability, high availability and disaster recovery requirements.
- Using fundamental tools and languages E.g. SQL, Unix, CLI tools, PowerShell, Shell Scripting, HTML and CSS.
- Web application frameworks E.g. ASP.NET, PHP, PERL, Ruby, Python, Play, Spark.
- External and embedded databases, relational and NoSQL, E.g. MongoDB, MySQL, Flink, Cassandra, SQL Server, Postgres. Developing schema for supporting business logic and data.
- Developing solutions in the cloud, using either Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure.
- Microservices architecture, including containers and serverless implementation. E.g. Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, AWS Lambda, Cloud Functions (GCP and Azure).
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
PA is committed to building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people can excel. We believe that greater diversity stimulates innovation, enabling us to fulfil our purpose of ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’, supporting the growth of our people, and delivering more enduring results for our clients.
We only recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.