|Job Type:||Full Time|
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
A bit about us...
Our team focuses on the successful delivery of next generation bot software. We are a team that does what needs to be done, by identifying gaps in our current bot systems and working with talented engineers across our business to prototype and deliver quality products. We are working on niche projects, all contributing to the improvement of our robots.
We are looking for passionate engineers to join our team who would like to work on unique and innovative projects.
How you'll spend your days...
- Demonstrating deep technical knowledge and understanding of bot systems
- Embedded software development
- Mechanical comprehension
- Electronic comprehension
- Technical support / mentoring of junior developers
- Drive positive changes in both software and team culture / processes
- Build relationships with our bot collaborators to support hardware development
- Embrace new hardware and devise strategies to validate and verify them synthetically and/or otherwise
- Work closely with hardware control engineers to productionise control strategies
- Use data driven techniques to understand how our software is used & the impact of our work on grid performance & maintenance/support engineers.
- Use this understanding to prioritise work, perform investigations and inform stakeholders
- Perform high quality peer code reviews and support others to do the same
Technologies you will be using:
- Java 11, C
- Git, IntellIJ, Clion
- Gitlab, Google Cloud Platform, Big Query
We’d really like to talk to you if you have…
- C / C++ - strong in at least 1 of these
- Proven ability to debug complex issues to successful resolution
- Proven track record for delivery of productionised software
- Proven experience of working in multidisciplinary environment and ability to bridge the gap between software and other disciplines
Bonus points if you also have...
- SQL experience
- Statistics / data analytics
- Embedded driver development / debugging
What we can offer you…
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.