|Job Type:||Full Time|
EMEA Traditional Credit Products Middle Office (TCP MO)
Wholesale Lending Services (WLS) services clients in Business Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset Management and the Corporate & Investment Bank. The group consists of approximately 2,200 employees and is responsible for 300,000 loans in excess of $500 billion. Wholesale Lending Services Middle Office (WLS MO) is part of WLS and provides global end-to-end loan origination, servicing, restructuring and trading support. Services are tailored to the needs of the client
and lines of business, ranging from bilateral to large syndicated loan agreements. Services provided include Loan Origination; Deal Closing & Funding; Documentation Review; Core Loan Servicing; Loan Closing & Trade Settlement.
Within WLS MO the following role has become available:Wholesale Lending Services Middle Office (WLS MO)
WLS MO primarily supports Debt Capital Markets (DCM), which is made up of (Leveraged Finance (LF) and Investment Grade (IG) Transactions), and Credit Risk for all syndicated deal originations and transactions. Also provides support for Deal related activity within Corporate and Investment Banking, Corporate and Commercial Banking and Trade Finance.
WLS MO operates in a control focused environment ensuring that new loan agreements and amendments are operationally viable, recorded accurately, and any exceptions are managed accordingly.
- Monitor deal pipeline for early-stage lifecycle events
- Ability to interpret credit agreements and related documentation
- Understanding of all aspects of deal/loan administration functions and tasks.
- Ensure that Credit and Operations systems are enriched with all pertinent details and to a high degree of accuracy at all times
- Ensure that deal revenue is booked and distributed correctly and at the appropriate time
- Execution of best practices and control, risk mitigation and escalation point of contact Remain control focused, working accurately and in a timely manner to avoid control risk
- Remain up to date with Accounting and Risk policies
- Direct working knowledge of LIQ, specifically in the area of loan administration
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrating sound decision making abilities to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Exhibit the initiative to raise issues to business partners and management when needed.
- Ability to identify change and improve daily processes.
- Good interpersonal skills, interact professionally and confidently with senior deal team members within the Front Office.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining flexible and willing to accept new assignments and challenges in rapidly changing environment whilst remaining control orientated.
- Think strategically and tactically to design process improvement ideas with the flexibility to adjust to new innovations, regulations, and priorities
Specific required experience:
- High degree of numeracy and aptitude for analytical examination of problems; attention to detail being paramount.
- Demonstrate knowledge of loan agreements and related legal documentation.
- Succinctly summarize issues and set out well thought-out solutions.
- Ability to prioritise tasks appropriately, whilst operating within a fast-changing and high pressured environment.
- Communicate professionally and accurately in written and oral form.
- Loan IQ system application knowledge an advantage
- Minimum of Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Experience within the Financial Services industry advantageous