|Job Type:||Full Time|
GoCardless is on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid, so our customers can focus on what they do best. With the world shifting to a Subscription Economy, GoCardless is powering recurring payments across the globe via our world-first payments network. We’ve cut out the intermediaries by linking together direct debit schemes from around the world to create a simple way of pulling payments directly from customers’ bank accounts.
We process more than $15bn a year, for over 50,000 businesses in more than 30 countries, and we’re growing fast. Our API powers recurring payments for companies like Survey Monkey, Bulb and the Financial Times. It also enables partners including Xero, Quickbooks and Sage to help small businesses to save countless hours spent chasing customers for payments.
The Customer Success team is part of the Customer Success Group (CSG) and is responsible for managing our top tier customers across both the Mid Market and Enterprise segments. We believe in owning the outcome and embedding the behaviours that drives exceptional SaaS customer retention, growth and the ability to capture compelling customer data and stories
As a Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for the long term success of our merchants with GoCardless.
Day to day, you will:
- Manage a broad portfolio of our Mid Market customer base in a personalised fashion, ensuring your owning the outcome
- Accountable for managing risk, forecasting accurately and spotting and driving growth opportunities
- Work closely with Sales and Onboarding to run efficient and effective merchant handover and Kick off meetings
- Understand, through consultation and partnerships how to identify customers pain points and drive them towards value
- Create and deliver success plans and success reviews with your merchants to optimise their usage of GoCardless and constantly drive value
- Advocate for our merchants internally by delivering informed, quantified feedback, especially ensuring this is clearly communicated to our product team
- Mobilise relevant teams to manage priorities and drive actionable outcomes
- Work closely with the Head of Customer Success to refine and improve processes and being proactive in driving new projects and initiatives
- Coordinate with Customer Experience to ensure we're delighting customers, so we can capture customer stories leading to referrals, testimonials and case studies
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who relishes the challenge of understanding each merchant and their industry. You should apply if:
- You can clearly demonstrate your experience working in a customer-facing role in either a CSM, Account Management or Implementation role ideally within a SaaS company
- You have a passion for driving successful customer outcomes in a strategic fashion.
- You drive value by being curious, consultative and are able to ask the right questions
- You have a proven track record in managing risk, forecasting and identifying growth opportunities
- You are commercially astute and can demonstrate this
- You have experience prioritising your time, especially between multiple important and urgent issues
- You love working cross-functionally and partnering with other teams on projects and are able to successfully mobilise them when needed
This role principally suits people with consulting or previous Customer Success experience, particularly in technology, finance or SaaS.
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefit policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave, pension packages and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March and will continue to work remotely until the end of the year. We are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we’ve taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.
The closing date for completed applications is Friday 27th November 2020