|Job Type:||Full Time|
Valuation Control Group (VCG) is an independent group within JPMC's Finance department whose primary responsibility is to ensure that the firm's financial assets are appropriately valued.
VCG Technology belongs to Finance Technology and is responsible for developing and supporting IRIS - a strategic, market leading, scalable, fully automated technology platform for VCG. IRIS (Independent Revaluation Infrastructure Solution) provides daily revaluation, risk and sensitivity analysis embedded within Front office risk management systems, a fully automated fair value hierarchy tagging and adjustments, a central independent market data database and financial reporting to the business.
As a Software Engineer within the VCG Tech team, you will help to develop and maintain the IRIS platform, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to business problems. You will join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking appropriate risks. In this environment, you will work on relevant projects to maintain and develop software (both financial and technical), supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow.
You will have:
- Understanding of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Desire to continuously learn from and partner with technology management & business users to identify opportunities to incrementally deliver business value through technology
- Industrial experience in developing enterprise platforms leveraging Python
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills (in either Python, Scala or Java)
- Familiar with agile development methodologies (e.g., Scrum) and SDLC tools such as Jenkins, Git, JIRA.
- Experience with Test Driven Development in building scalable and flexible software frameworks, platforms and API's