|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
As an Enterprise Architect in the PA Architecture capability, you will work collaboratively with clients in an iterative and pragmatic manner, avoiding the traditional drawbacks of enterprise architecture through our “just enough enterprise architecture” approach and driving tangible impact to complex problems using “EA type” thinking. We have an extensive track record of addressing key architectural issues as part of major transformational change programmes and delivering lasting business value for a diverse range of the most exciting and progressive clients across a range of industry sectors.
Working as an Enterprise Architect at PA, you’ll be given the opportunity to:
- Work across complex and large-scale portfolios with leading edge clients and shape, define and design the delivery of architectural solutions that address the most complex business challenges
- Land innovative and nimble architecture governance, working with boards and C-level leaders to enable clients to deliver at pace whilst maintaining coherence
- Address latent and emerging architectural issues using “EA type” thinking, for example regaining control post-agile, cloud optimisation and next-gen cloud, landing disruptive technology in legacy environments and baking in sustainability
- Execute a broad range of enterprise architecture activities, from developing operational models and lightweight governance that resonate with client Board-level executives through to developing enterprise architecture capability and targeted use of architectural assets and transition architectures to address priority concerns
- Apply and creatively combine the right architecture assets and frameworks, for example the Scaled Agile Framework, TOGAF, MODAF/EASE, Archimate or Zachman and including PA’s own market leading business and architecture frameworks.
- The chance to create, review and align end-to-end architectures across business, application, data and infrastructure architecture domains.
Architecture at PA is different. You will work at CxO level with a broad range of leading blue-chip companies and public sector organisations. You will get to work on projects which are cutting edge, both in the technologies they employ and the real-world problems they are addressing; projects which are the highest profile and projects that make a difference to everyday life. It is practical and hands-on, we have our own technology arm that is dedicated to building innovative, real-world solutions for our clients. You will deliver, assure and advise, working shoulder to shoulder with our clients and their partners as the face of innovation and change they expect when they engage PA.
What we're looking for
We are currently looking for Enterprise Architects at all levels; from people with experience of leading large teams of architects and those looking to move into EA.
Skills and experience we are looking for include:
- A hands-on track record in providing pragmatic architectural leadership and experience in developing and defining IT Strategy and Architecture, with this being successfully embedded into the enterprise
- Practical examples where you have you addressed complex architecture issues that need “EA style” thinking, for example, optimisation of cloud and examples of how you have applied the proportionate use of architectural assets and shown impact across the enterprise
- A clear track record of being able to actively influence and direct a range of key stakeholders, spanning C-level board members on broad strategic themes, through to development and delivery teams on current and future technical architecture trends
- Individuals with outstanding communication and presentation skills, skilled in bringing to life complex concepts and experience interacting with and influencing client stakeholders
- Hands-on experience with conducting architectural assessments and creating roadmaps, including technology debt assessments, cloud transition approaches, patterns for introduction of disruptive technologies into legacy estates and lightweight architectural governance
- Ability to deliver strategic thinking to stakeholders through roadmaps, mentoring and architectural thought leadership
- Ability to lead client interviews and workshops to find a navigable architecture path with stakeholders that may have differing viewpoints, such as product design, architecture, DevOps and service management
- Experience with supporting and mentoring existing architecture teams and directly improving the maturity of the function
- Good understanding of major architecture methods and tools and an analytical approach to problem solving
- Experience with defining the commercial implications of architectural decisions including TOTEX and Sustainability KPIs
- Hands-on experience in the delivery of emerging technologies and architectural trends, including:
- Delivery of platforms and the transition roadmaps to platform-based approaches
- Architectural styles such as Microservices vs Packaged Solutions
- Cloud vs On-premise, Hybrid Services, multi-cloud and use of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and FaaS services
- Digital transformation enablement, by effectively bringing business, data and technology architecture viewpoints together
- Cloud architectures, e.g. AWS, Google, Azure
- Broad span of vendors, e.g. IBM / RedHat, VMWare, Oracle, Salesforce, SAP
- Delivery of architecture in an agile, iterative manner and the architects’ role in agile delivery
- Emerging platforms such as Internet of Things. Machine Learning, Edge, High Performance Computing and how these can be delivered and integrated with legacy platforms
- Typical roles previously held might include
- Principal or Domain Architect for given area of expertise
- Technical Design Authority
- Enterprise (IT) Architect
- Business Architect
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org