As part of Abcam’s growth strategy, execution of successful Corporate Development activity is key which is why we are looking for a Corporate Development Analyst/Manager to be at the centre of this, owning financial modelling to advise and influence strategic decision making.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with external advisors and investment banks to develop robust valuation models and forecasts for M&A activity in order to advise senior leadership on purchase price decisions as well as propose appropriate deal structures
- Support the development of well validated and evidenced investment theses to support recommended actions and present to senior leadership including financial analysis, company and industry research
- Partner with commercial teams to derive value drivers for transactions, and provide robust challenge to commercial assumptions.
- Prepare scenario and risk analysis
- Coordinate with various internal and external deal related due diligence teams including financial, operational, commercial
- Ensure acquisition models accurately capture the cost of integration activities and support integration teams and ensure effective transition of activities from the deal team to the various business stakeholders
- Own and develop a dynamic five-year financial plan by integrating both potential and secured M&A activities as well as understanding and defining base Abcam business and other investment programmes
You will have expertise in complex financial modelling for valuing, structuring and diligencing M&A, investment and other transactions; ideally from an investment banking background. You will have experience working across multiple stakeholder groups with excellent communication and relationship development skills.
You will be highly analytical, with a problem-solving focus, with the ability to think strategically and creatively. You will be business savvy, and able to exercise judgment to make decisions and influence.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.