|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan Private Bank, Product Development Analyst (IPB Funds Product Development Team) - Professional (London)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank has been helping the world’s wealthiest individuals, families, foundations, and endowments grow, manage, and sustain their wealth through personalized, comprehensive financial solutions for more than 160 years. The Private Bank provides ultra high net worth and high net worth clients with a global perspective delivered through a local, dedicated team of specialists focused on fundamental wealth management disciplines, including investment management, wealth structuring, philanthropy, credit and banking.
Investment management products & services is a core offering within J.P. Morgan Private Bank. It offers the full spectrum of investment strategies - from equity, cash management, fixed income, currency and asset allocation to alternative asset classes such as private equity, real estate and hedge funds.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Wealth Management (WM) Solutions Product Development team for an Analyst to help drive Product Development and Fund Governance initiatives. The role will be based in London.
The WM Solutions Product Development team is responsible for leading the structuring and product development of pooled investment solutions for the International Private Bank (IPB). Covering EMEA, Latin America and Asia, the team leads new fund launches and manages change to the product palette as a result of business or regulatory developments. This includes everything from idea generation and product innovation through to leading fund launches and managing the product pipeline.
In addition, the team plays a key role in the governance, management and ongoing oversight of proprietary funds throughout their life cycle.
- Support new product development based on pipeline priorities. Ensure results are delivered on-schedule and support product management & change initiatives
- Act as a subject matter expert on Product and Fund Governance initiatives, helping to identify gaps and develop innovative solutions across multiple stakeholder groups
- Prepare and manage regular MI reports, governance packs and board reporting for key stakeholders
- Assist with management & oversight of due diligence from third party management companies
- Track project timelines and progress including reporting on key highlights, next steps and issues
- Act as a support function for team, assisting in the implementation of effective processes for new fund launches, closures and mergers
- Provide assistance and information to the front office, control functions and portfolio managers relating to Product Development and Governance
- Manage relationships with product stakeholders across regions and functions. Coordinate with Legal, Risk, Compliance, Operations and Investment teams to develop legal agreements, marketing material and fund documentation
- 3+ years financial services experience - asset or wealth management preferred
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative and matrixed environment to build consensus
- Highly detail-oriented with strong analytical and planning skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to apply critical thinking and a logical/structured framework to a variety of situations
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to interact with multiple internal and external partners
- Highly competent with core MS Office applications – e.g. Excel and PowerPoint
The Ideal Candidate
Broad investment and non-investment knowledge of European Fund Products (both UCITS and AIFs):
- Understands managed products such as funds, single line portfolios and discretionary services
- Knowledge of regulatory developments affecting funds, including UCITS and AIFs
- Adapts to change and turns challenges into opportunities
- Has an enquiring nature and a fast learning curve
- Thrives in team environments, ensuring effective communication with colleagues
- Willingness to take ownership of certain department initiatives
- Is passionate about financial markets and takes ownership of career