|Job Type:||Full Time|
You will be part of the Financial Resource Management across Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities (FICC) with immediate focus in Rates, Fixed Income Financing, Currencies & Emerging Markets, Commodities and CPG businesses, while also expanding focus in Credit and SPG businesses.
Your role will be to work with the Markets Portfolio Management team & relevant desk heads to optimize their financial resource footprint (including, but not limited to, assessing capital, balance-sheet and funding/liquidity needs, understanding regulatory constraints and firm/CIB strategy and how this translates into challenges/opportunities for the business).
You will interface with trading and financing organizations across FICC, as well as a broad range of Markets, CIB and Corporate support functions, as we develop strategies for optimal resource deployment and enhancing profitability for the LOBs under our remit.
In today’s environment where regulation continues to play a significant role in shaping business, the group has a critical mandate to understand, quantify and manage risks associated with the increasingly complex regulatory landscape (Basel III, G-SIB, etc.) and internal policies. In this capacity, FRM plays an instrumental role in providing transparency and partnering with CIBT Treasury and other support functions to optimize the scarce resources. Key business partners include Trading, CIB Treasury, Market Risk Basel Group, CIB Risk and the Regulatory Capital Management Office.
The open position is for an Associate with a background in finance and knowledge of securities (cash and financing) and derivatives products spanning all the major asset classes. Ideally, the candidate will also have an understanding of one or more of the following: an understanding of funding, balance sheet dynamics, liquidity and capital.
- Become a subject matter expert on capital, balance sheet, funding and liquidity and understand how these financial constraints creates challenges/opportunities for the Fixed Income business franchises
- Play an instrumental role in establishing integrated capital and funding strategy across Markets Trading Business
- Provide analytical support for key projects relating to the capital and funding agenda for the Markets Trading Business
- Understand the effects of internal policy and external regulatory changes to help manage balance sheet, funding, liquidity and capital related costs/charges within the Markets business
- Monitoring of Balance Sheet usage and limit management
- Support key regulatory requirements and projects such as CCAR, FRTB and Recovery & Resolution
- Partner with MPM Data Analytics and Technology to create new Big Data solutions for the business.
- Establish relationships across CIB Treasury, CIB Risk, Market Risk Basel Group, Regulatory Capital Management Office, Finance, Legal, Compliance, and Operations to effectively manage business risks
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Understanding of accounting, balance sheet, funding and regulatory principles and their application
- Self-directed, highly motivated and able to work independently on multiple conflicting priorities and under pressure. Proactive and entrepreneurial
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to interact comfortably with a variety of businesses, management and control functions
- Strong analytical skills, a quantitative mindset and excellent attention to detail
- Capacity to summarize complex information and deliver it at business executive level
- Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Experience and/or awareness of market, credit and liquidity risk aspects of financial products in both securities & derivatives instruments is an advantage
- Strong work ethic, eagerness to learn and take initiative