|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you enthusiastic about solving problems in the threat detection and security response space? Are interested in challenges within Cloud Computing space? Does protecting over 1 billion customers and making the cyber world a better place for everyone sound exciting? If so, this may be an ideal opportunity for you.
Azure Cloud Security is looking for motivated, security professionals to join our team. The Security Operations Center (SOC) within the Azure Cloud Security is the front line that defends the customers of Microsoft's Cloud platform and online services. As the company accelerates its transformation into a cloud-first world, there has never been a more exciting time to be part of Azure Cloud Security.
We are looking for a SOC analyst to join our UK (Cheltenham) based SOC. The core responsibility is to perform investigations in response to security alerts, which includes digital forensics and data analytics.
Your passion for finding creative approaches for security problems will shine as you gather evidence and build a picture about what transpired during your investigations. You will be responsible for fusing multiple sources of evidence to determine how a security incident occurred and what steps need to transpire to remediate it. You will also be responsible for building capabilities that close information gaps, strengthen our cloud defences and defend customers from emerging security threats.
- Prioritise alerts and issues and perform triage to confirm security incidents
- Performing analysis on true positive alerts to determine root cause and impact.
- Collaborate with teams to create and potentially execute incident mitigation and remediation plans.
- Evaluate security risks and their impact to the Microsoft Cloud platform and its online services.
- Create technical documentation for other analysts and other teams to follow.
- Support cross company incidents and crisis.
The SOC is a fast-paced team that constantly provides new opportunities to learn and grow. This role may include the need to work outside of core hours on high priority investigations and may also include on-call responsibilities.
- 10am to 6pm (GMT) - UK Winter Hours November to April
- 11am to 7pm (BST) - UK Summer Hours April to November
- Weekend and bank holiday working will be required but will be provided back in leu.
- Experience in working in a SOC; OR Experience in a technical support/helpdesk environment and knowledge of cyber security; OR a degree in an applicable subject, such as; Cyber Security or Computer Science.
- Any of the following: CompTia Security +, GIAC; GCIA ,GCIH, GCFE,
- Experience in managing security incidents that involve privacy (GDPR)
- Previous experience performing Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR).
- Holding a UK Security Clearance (SC or DV)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.