|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Internship opportunities for students : Consulting
Customer Success Manager Intern
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Business Area – Customer Success Unit
The Customer Success Manager role would be within the Customer Success Unit (CSU) which is responsible for enabling Microsoft's largest Enterprise Customers on their journey to embrace Digital Transformation. The Customer Success Unit is a large organization which works with some of the world's best known brands along with the UK's largest Public Sector organisations. The community is made up of a diverse mix of technical, change management and support delivery skills and experiences. The CSU’s expertise is supporting customers in becoming adopters of Microsoft's cloud technologies.
Customer Success is a rapidly growing organization at Microsoft. The purpose of the Customer Success Unit is to guide our customers to better deploy, adopt, and gain long-term business value from their investment in Microsoft. In turn, their successes will ensure we grow consumption of our latest and greatest Modern Work technologies. Ultimately, when our customers are successful, we are successful.
As we are anticipating a high volume of applications, we will close this role once we reach our threshold likely to be in less than one week from posting. You may find for some of our more popular roles this will happen very quickly so if you're interested please don't delay your application.
Please note we are doing this with you in mind, to ensure where we can that you have the best application experience.
Customer Success Manager Intern Role Overview
We are looking for highly motivated and passionate students who want to build strong, long lasting relationships with some of the largest organizations in the UK. You will work with the business side of our customers, understanding their vision and strategies that underpin them. You will help to build and execute long-term success plans with Microsoft Customer Success Managers. This is a customer facing role, supporting the overall relationship between the customer and Microsoft.
The CSM focuses on two main goals:
- Help our customers deliver the best possible meetings experience for their employees, wherever they are, on any device, via Microsoft Teams
- Deliver true digital transformation to our customers using the power of Teams as a platform. Embracing low-code / no-code applications, building champions networks of citizen developers and help our customers deliver new and enhanced experiences for their employees.
- Understand customer's overall IT estate, their business priorities and success measures to build a long-term plan for successful adoption of Modern Work technologies.
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to envision solutions to meet business needs, orchestrating key resources and infusing key technologies.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer Business Decision Makers, who drive long-term adoption within their company to create advocates for change.
- Maintain and advance knowledge of the Modern Work product set, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the community
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with our Engineering team to remove key blockers
- Be a Modern Work evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates that have the following qualities:
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative and global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Diverse & Inclusive: You don't just value differences, you seek them out and invite them in.
- All degree disciplines are welcome
- Examples of experience and/or knowledge. Experience could be based in internships or even working on personal projects. Applicant should feel comfortable in one or two of the items from one of the following specialties:
- Business Strategy and Change
- Industry knowledge
- Modern Work technologies (Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Yammer)
- Ability to build relationships, work collaboratively, resolving conflicts and persuading others through strong verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (both technical and business audiences)
- Passion for technology, both consumer and enterprise
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity suite of tools a benefit
- Desire to make a positive impact on the world through technology and business solutions a must
- Must be in their penultimate year of university and eligible for a 12 month internship in the UK starting July 2021
- Must have right to work for the full duration of the internship without need for sponsorship
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.