|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Intern opportunities for undergraduate students: Sales
Small, Medium and Corporate Specalist Intern
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Business Area – Small, Medium & Corporate (SMC)
This role is based in the Small, Medium & Corporate (SMC) segment, which is a Billion Dollar market for Microsoft. SMC serves a diverse set of customers from start- ups and hyper growth organisations to well-known established organisations.
We live in a mobile-first, cloud-first world, and the transformation we are driving across our businesses enables our customers to thrive in the digital world. Our sales professionals are the essential link between the potential of what's possible and build trusted advisor relationships with customers and technology vendors.
Do you want to work on a meaningful and impactful project and make a difference? Are you willing to learn from others and open to new ideas? Do you want to support others to succeed and operate in a highly collaborative and global environment? If this sounds like you, Microsoft would like to invite you to come join us as you are, where you can find more than just a job.
As we are anticipating a high volume of applications, we will close this role once we reach our threshold likely to be in less than one week from posting. You may find for some of our more popular roles this will happen very quickly so if you're interested please don't delay your application.
Please note we are doing this with you in mind, to ensure where we can that you have the best application experience.
Overview - Specialists deliver upon the following objectives:
- As a Sales Specialist you identify our customers’ pain points and solve them through the latest software and services solutions.
- Aligned to a specific Microsoft solution area, you will be our customers’ trusted consultant, thoroughly evaluating the health of their IT platforms and development environments and diagnosing areas for improvement.
- Your solutions drive measurable value, helping customers run their businesses more cost-effectively and efficiently and giving them a competitive edge in their marketplace.
- You will build and maintain relationships with executive business and technical decision-makers.
- Articulate and present the business value of Microsoft’s solutions.
- Develop a firm understanding of Microsoft’s strategies and product offerings relative to our major competitors
- Build a go to market strategy, that leverages Microsoft internal and partner ecosystem resources to scale for success across the territory.
- Drive engagement with a customer and lead a team to support the sales process from initial engagement to sales to post sales usage of the product.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates that have the following qualities:
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative and global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Diverse & Inclusive: You don't just value differences, you seek them out and invite them in.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in relevant field
- Excellent communication skills and strong writing and presentation skills
- Customer relationship experience a plus
- Passion for technology, both consumer and enterprise
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity suite of tools a benefit
- Deal shaping/Professional Services/Consulting experience a plus
- Desire to make a positive impact on the world through technology and business solutions a must
- Must be in their penultimate year of university and eligible for a 12 month internship in the UK starting July 2021
- Must have right to work for the full duration of the internship without need for sponsorship
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.