|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
Intro to the team
The People Operations team at GoCardless is passionate about our employees and is responsible for developing people processes and programs that help create positive, engaged and highly effective teams. As our Payroll & People Operations Coordinator you’ll own payroll and benefits for our employees and help identify processes for better efficiency. You’ll also gain a full People Operations experience beyond just payroll and benefits as we work as a tight-knit team on all people related projects.
- Managing the growing monthly UK payroll of 400+ employees, as well as 4 smaller payrolls in Germany, France, Australia, USA from start to finish
- Preparing and submitting monthly payrolls in each location, and conduct payroll reconciliations for review and approval with total accuracy
- Owning the payroll processes, and revising as necessary, taking into account new legislation changes, growth and risk factors
- Working closely with our payroll vendors, ensuring a strong working relationship and the highest standard of service levels
- Providing support on all payroll related projects including internal and external audits and annual reporting
- Acting as a point of contact for all payroll and benefits questions from all employees and stakeholders, investigating and rectify discrepancies where necessary
- Assisting with the day to day administration of Company’s global benefits, including UK pension uploads, 401K administration, healthcare enrolment, Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loan
- Delivering administrative services including contracts, letters, correspondence, documentation and systems data entry for all employee lifecycle events from new starters, changes to leaver processing
- Proactively checking and challenging the accuracy of information provided before entering into any systems
- Maintaining and driving process improvements for the operations of systems, programs, and events
- Relevant experience in people operations managing full-cycle payroll within a fast paced, start-up culture within the UK and internationally
- Strong analytical skills and background, financial acumen, attention to detail and being able manipulate data easily and confidently
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, with the ability to analyse, question, problem solve
- Tech-savvy with a keen interest for anything HR Tech & Systems
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines and with ambiguity
- Great customer service skills, with an ability to demonstrate sensitivity where required and eager to challenge yourself and take on more responsibility in a growing global company
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.