|Job Type:||Full Time|
GoCardless is on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid, so our customers can focus on what they do best. With the world shifting to a Subscription Economy, GoCardless is powering recurring payments across the globe via our world-first payments network. We’ve cut out the intermediaries by linking together direct debit schemes from around the world to create a simple way of pulling payments directly from customers’ bank accounts.
We process more than $15bn a year, for over 50,000 businesses in more than 30 countries, and we’re growing fast. Our API powers recurring payments for companies like Survey Monkey, Bulb and the Financial Times. It also enables partners including Xero, Quickbooks and Sage to help small businesses to save countless hours spent chasing customers for payments.
The Strategic Planning team sits in a pivotal part of the organisation, reporting into the CFO. Bridging Financial analysis and Strategic insight, we work cross-functionally with a wide range of stakeholders (including the Executive team) - with the aim of planning GoCardless’ long-term trajectory, as well as drawing strategic insights from data to support decision-making.
The Strategic Planning & Analysis team supports the CFO across corporate finance, investor relations, long-term planning and analysis, and strategic projects. Reporting to the Head of Strategic Planning & Analysis, you’ll be responsible for end-to-end ownership of the long-term planning financial/fundraising model, as well as be expected to lead/contribute to ROI analysis, investment appraisals and delivering other strategic insights.
As well as working on transformative projects for the company, you will be expected to continuously collaborate with colleagues across the Finance department and wider Commercial teams.
What you’ll be doing
- Building and maintaining financial models - including end-to-end ownership of the Long Term Planning financial/fundraising model
- Analysing complex data, drawing strategic insights from it and presenting to a range of stakeholders
- Supporting the CFO on a variety of ad-hoc strategic projects
- Crafting the story around numbers for succinct presentation
- Preparation of analysis for board-level discussion
- 3-5 years experience working in Strategy, Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Venture Capital and/or in-house Strategic Planning
- SaaS, Tech and FinTech experience/knowledge would also add value
- Accounting/Finance qualifications would be advantageous, but not essential
- Strong quantitative skills - including experience building financial models and ability to understand how outputs are shaped by business drivers
- Strong attention to detail, with a proactive and collaborative approach to working
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - including the ability to present quantitative findings in a clear, concise fashion
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefit policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave, pension packages and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March and will continue to work remotely until the end of the year. We are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we’ve taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.