|Job Type:||Full Time|
CIB Market Risk Management is an independent risk group, reporting to the firm’s Chief Risk Officer (CRO), which identifies, measures, monitors and controls market risk. The group forms the key interface for discussing risk issues with the trading desks but retains independent reporting lines through the Risk management chain.
CIB Market Risk performs the following primary functions:
- Independent ongoing identification, monitoring and control of business unit market risk
- Performance of stress testing and qualitative risk assessments
- Analysis of aggregated risks and tail risk exposure
- Facilitation of efficient risk-return decisions
- Regular dialogue with the trading businesses with respect to risk appetite, risk limits and individual large and complex transactions.
The ReEntry Program is a 14-week fellowship program, beginning March 2021 and ending June 2021, with the prospect of an offer for permanent employment with JP Morgan Chase at the end of the program. The program offers a reintroduction to corporate life for those returning to the workplace after two or more years voluntarily being away. The fellowship placements will be based on both business needs and candidate skill set and interest areas within our technology business.
- Market Risk is looking for accomplished individuals who are currently on a voluntary career break for at least 2 years and wish to return to the workforce full time a part of the Market Risk Coverage team.
- Please refer to our ReEntry Overviewpage for further information regarding the Program
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Monitor risk exposures, understand the factors that drive the risk and P&L on the books, follow market movement/activities affecting positions, highlight and discuss risk changes and top risks
- Develop understanding of various products traded and the key risks associated with them
- Be innovative in looking for threats and weaknesses in the risk profile – be pro-active in bringing these to the attention of the trading business and the Market Risk management team
- Conduct ad-hoc and regular risk analysis as well deep dives into various risk themes, and communicate findings
- Be familiar with the Firmwide Stress Initiative (FSI) processes and regulatory risk reporting requirements
- Perform Scenario analysis and stress testing.
- Strong risk management skills – experience in Market Risk, Trading, Research or Other Markets roles
- Team player and future leader with exceptional drive, creativity and interpersonal skills
- Strong skills in Excel required, Pyton and other programming an advantage but not a requirement
- Lateral thinker, tenacious, commitment to getting things done and detail focused
- Ability to form constructive professional relationships with a wide variety of teams including Trading and control groups
- Strong quantitative academic background. JPMorgan recruits from all academic disciplines
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite along with excellent written and spoken communication skills.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available athttp://www.jpmorganchase.com/
Diversity and Inclusion at JPM
A culture of inclusion is critical to JP Morgan’s success. We are committed to supporting women and encouraging them to achieve their career goals. Our team is as diverse as our work, and we’ve recently been recognized as a Top 50 Employer for Women in the UK, amongst many other awards across many different areas. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.