Last updated 13 days ago
Role Title: Market Data Product Manager
New or Existing Role- New
Grade: GCB 5
DescriptionRole Title: Market Data Product Manager
New or Existing Role- New
Grade: GCB 5
- The Market Data department are looking to form a team of highly motivated and committed individuals to provide a significant contribution to achieving a ‘best in class’ shared service.
- The Market Data Service Product Managers are responsible for delivering the short and long term Market Data strategies and projects for their given business unit.
- The product manager drives delivery/execution and supports Product Lead and Product Owner. Ensures adherence to GB&M Transformation framework this requires superior stakeholder management skills and an excellent all-round knowledge of the Market Data landscape (internal and external) to gain a deep understanding of the requirements and impartial of their respective business unit and the ability to devise and deliver projects in accordance with those objectives as part of the wider business management team.
- As part of the business facing Market Data Services Product Manager role, there will be a responsibility to communicate any direct feedback from the business relating to BAU service levels in order to continuously drive improvements and efficiencies in the BAU shared service, escalating when required to the Product Owner.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the necessary skills and expertise to be conversant in the following areas of Market Data management:
- Business requirements (with particular focus on strategic requirements)
- How the business use Market Data products
- Vendor performance and development roadmap
- Vendor licensing and commercial policy
- Opportunities for product optimisation
- Availability of data sources bank wide
- Industry trends and drivers for change
- Vendor audit management
- The successful candidate will need to have a detailed understanding of the services provided by Market Data suppliers and crucially, how each business uses those services (e.g. within an internal application or PTS).
- The candidate will need to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of licensing and commercial policies which include:
- Material/Critical data carriers (e.g. Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg)
- Exchanges/Trading Venues
- Ratings Agencies
- Index Providers
- Security Identifier Providers
Impact on the Business:
Stakeholder Management - Internal
- Effective stakeholder management. Responsible for engagement with appropriate internal contacts to collate requirements, and communicate Market Data enterprise licensing and commercial guidelines where appropriate. Internal contacts include but are not limited to:
- Business Managers
- IT Developers
- Application Owners
- Project Managers
- Data Consumers
- Effective management of any risks which become evident as a result of close business relationship management
- Provide regular cost analysis to the business
Stakeholder Management – External
- Liaise with external data suppliers in conjunction with vendor management to understand existing enterprise licensing policies and discuss changes
- Communication with suppliers to ensure proposed licensing policies can be met without compromising HSBC’s own obligations, support and policies
- Regular and meaningful contributions to the team book of work
- Work with project manager to formalize the project plan and specific deliverables
- Mobilise the relevant expertise within the team, the wider department and within Procurement, the business or IT to communicate project support and gain commitment as to what will be delivered by when
- Chair any required project meetings and disseminate any project work to the required resource
- Support the successful and timely delivery of the project
- Part of the Market Data Services team providing support in UK, US and HK
- Group standard processes and procedures to be followed globally
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy
- Follows Group policies and processes relating to procurement and vendor risk management as set out in the Operations FIM