|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
As a Google Cloud Technical Lead (Principal Consultant), you'll own the design and lead a team or effort. We'll be looking at you to set technical direction and take responsibility for successfully achieving an outcome or deliverable. You may have a team of people to support, leading a development team, or else you could be working across multiple teams, providing some centralised expertise necessary for a larger program of work.
- You'll have expertise in architecture and will feel comfortable leading higher-level architectural discussions.
- Using your experience of the development process, it’s likely you’ll own the overall process across a team, or multiple teams, building strong principles and putting robust methods and patterns in place.
- You will be comfortable having conversations with the client including non technical leaders and stakeholders regularly, being one of the main points of engagement between the client and the project.
- Coaching and mentoring the team will be important in the role.
- Your involvement in shaping proposals (working with a bid team) will assist to create approaches or solutions, and perhaps you may also add valuable contributions during presentations to clients in a formal selection process.
- You'll play an active role in account management.
What we're looking for
PA is a Google Cloud Premier Partner and we create innovative solutions using the whole spectrum of Google Cloud products and services, as well as other leading cloud platforms.
One project might need you to modernize a legacy application with cloud technologies and the next might see you creating an innovative new digital product through a series of agile sprints.
You probably have a background as a software or DevOps engineer using languages and tools such as Java, Python, Kubernetes and Terraform, but it's your understanding of cloud technologies, architectures and techniques that are most important.
You probably have experience in designing and delivering solutions on Google Cloud, perhaps using serverless products such as App Engine and Firebase, or infrastructure such as Compute Engine and GKE.
Ideally you will be qualified to Google Certified Cloud Architect, Data Engineer or Cloud Developer level, although good hands-on experience is just as valued.
Working in an agile development team is highly sought after, where you are applying design and development practices such as:
- Agile sprints to deliver incremental builds.
- Defining architectural and software design patterns.
- Designing for scalability, high availability and disaster recovery requirements.
- Secure development and architectural practices, as well as knowledge of non-functional considerations.
- Working alongside others in the team to develop, design, elaborate user stories and deliver estimates during story pointing.
- Communicating technical solutions and approaches to technical and non technical stakeholders at all levels
- TDD and/or BDD approaches, considering outcome at design. Knowledge of test automation.
- Developing code and pipelines using CI/CD tools.
- Using tools such as JIRA for tracking progress and traceability.
- Reviewing code with your teammates to provide assurance on a release.
- Resolving root cause analysis and troubleshooting solutions.
- Using fundamental tools and languages E.g. Google Cloud SDK, SQL, Linux, PowerShell, Shell Scripting, HTML and CSS.
- Different types of database, e.g. Google Cloud Spanner, Firestore, Bigtable and BigQuery, as well as MongoDB, MySQL, Flink, Cassandra, SQL Server, Postgres. Developing schema for supporting business logic and data.
- Microservices architecture, including containers and serverless implementation. E.g. Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, AWS Lambda, Cloud Functions (GCP).
- Machine learning tools and techniques, e.g. Auto ML, Tensorflow, Natural Language, Vision AI
PA’s common technology components:
- App Engine
- Cloud Functions
- Kubernetes Engine, Compute Engine, VPCs
- Cloud Spanner, Cloud SQL and BigQuery
- Dataflow, Apache Beam
- DialogFlow, Auto ML, AI Platform
- Microservices patterns
- Event-driven architectures and message queues
- Relational and non-relational databases
Languages and frameworks
- Common frameworks and APIs such as Spring Boot, Guice, Jersey, Node.js, Flask
- Knowledge of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Building tools such as Maven and Gradle
- CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins and Google Cloud Build
- Using a range of technologies and libraries in the Java ecosystem.
Private medical insurance
Interest free season ticket loan
25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
Company pension scheme
Annual performance-based bonus
Life and Income protection insurance
Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA, Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
PA is committed to building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people can excel. We believe that greater diversity stimulates innovation, enabling us to fulfil our purpose of ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’, supporting the growth of our people, and delivering more enduring results for our clients.
We only recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.