|Job Type:||Full Time|
The MOS Product Development VP will drive design and delivery of key aspects of the strategic middle office product, leveraging firm-wide capabilities to implement efficient and competitive product solutions. This individual will define the roadmap and priorities based on current client mandates and potential new funds and execute on that roadmap. The individual will work with product management, sales and service teams, and technology to build out and link together key product components for middle office. The MOS offering covers functionality across trade validation and enrichment, confirmation, settlements, collateral management, asset servicing, trading asset records, reconciliations, reporting/portal/data services, all across multiple asset classes. In addition to interfacing with clients and product teams, this role offers an opportunity to further develop expertise across custody and trading products, asset manager and market processes. Given the pace of change, responsibilities of the role will include strategic thinking on FinTech, Big Data, etc. to provide a competitive product to the market.
The focus for the role will initially be the IMOS Client Service platform. The primary responsibility will be managing further build out of the existing platform, on behalf of IMOS Client Services and Operations. This will deliver enhancements to client service through operating model efficiencies, increased product coverage as well as scalability for further client onboarding. The candidate will also assist with driving the strategic vision for the platform with senior Operations and Technology stakeholders as we onboard further products and processes, hence strong cross functional and cross asset class skills are a must.
Hands on experience of operational processes, risk and control, and subsequent creation of requirements and operating models will be necessary. The ability to relate these requirements to data attributes, models and messaging will be essential in order to maintain a close delivery partnership with the Data Platform team.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Design and deliver against the strategic MOS roadmap through the full project life cycle, including analysis, design of the client/user experience, service model and testing / migration of the components for delivery.
- Experience designing and implementing solutions, either for clients or for improvement of internal processes, including documentation of business requirements, development of the roadmap, and plan / timelines for execution.
- Subject matter expertise on middle office trade and position management, the investment data structures to support the processing, and it’s use by large asset managers across asset classes
- Identify opportunities for product improvement and differentiation, efficiency and standardization, present and drive process improvements
- Partner with the technology team to execute the development of the toolset, providing requirements and ensuring delivery is on time and on budget
- Communicate progress of the product development effort with all levels of the organization to keep team members and leadership apprised of progress and challenges.
- Minimum five years experience designing and creating new products, providing client focused solutions or enhancing existing products
- Experience with one or more of the above middle office service functions or products, ideally at an asset manager or trading desk, or other business line that provides middle office related services, such as Prime Brokerage
- Energetic self-starter with ability to drive delivery of the strategic vision with demonstrated effectiveness leading a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication capabilities, clearly and succinctly message with appropriate level of detail to cross-functional teams, senior management, and clients
- Strong collaboration skills, able to work with many different individuals and partner effectively with different groups
- Strong program management skills, must be organized and able to develop a program plan and break down into achievable deliverables
- Proven track record of effectively resolving issues and conflicts to ensure timely delivery