|Job Type:||Full Time|
Missions & Responsibilities
The Human Resources Director (HRD) is responsible for defining the HR and people strategy in collaboration with the Managing Director of the UK entity and closely with the wider Air Liquide Cluster countries HR Leadership Team.
The HRD acts locally as a change agent and contributes to the harmonization of HR practices at cluster level. The HRD impulses, arbitrates and motivates HR projects and programs managed by the wider HR Team.
How you'll make an impact:
- Contribute to the cluster people strategy according to the entity needs. Identify local business needs and people priorities together with senior leadership colleagues
- Responsible for supporting delivery of objectives and performance management programmes; drive high levels of accountability, skills development, workplace culture and succession planning across the business
- Ensure deployment of the cluster people strategy and alignment with local objectives
- Cascade the people strategy and objectives to the HR team. Recruits, develops and coaches HR team members.
- In collaboration with the HR cluster team, ensure that processes are managed efficiently and leveraged for the UK
- Partner with Cluster and Group Talent to support learning and development programs across the business including delivery of programs and development of materials as appropriate
- Act as a Business Partner for Senior Management of the UK entity
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Strategic thinking, strong leadership and influencing skills, business challenger, change agent, able to manage contradictions & ambiguity
- Experience with supporting and leading a culture change by being a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in order to lead by example
- Adaptable to motivate across a variety of different working environments
- Previous experience in leading a HR function
- Experience in providing effective strategic people roadmaps and support to leaders on programs including the development and delivery of cultural change, building talent and capability and coaching
- Ability to translate business needs into objectives and action plans
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Being adaptable with previous experience in leading initiatives over multiple sites
Location: Birmingham City Centre
Salary: Starting from £65,000 per annum - Generous Annual Leave, Perks At Work, Dedicated talent development team to help your career progress, Generous Pension Scheme, Mental Health Wellbeing Ambassador support
Why work for us?
The world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients.
Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to lead its industry, deliver long-term performance and contribute to sustainability.
As a business operating in sectors all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits to our customers, our company and our employees. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
“ Gender diversity is a source of value and competitive advantage, along with other forms of diversity like nationality, age, educational background. Such diversity makes us a stronger and more successful company. ”
Benoît Potier, Chairman and CEO of Air Liquide
Did you know we are an endorsed employer with #Work180.. Check out our employer page here!
Throughout the pandemic we have remained resilient and have even continued to grow as a strong organisation. We may adapt the recruitment process by using video interviews where possible during the recruitment process. Safety always remains our key priority.