|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission
Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you share and build on other’s ideas because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Then come to Microsoft - Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
As a Cloud Solutions Architect (CSA) focused on Oracle technologies, you will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for helping customers successfully modernize their relational databases and applications, migrate them to the Azure and infuse AI in existing solutions, and guide them in building new solutions that incorporate the very best of relational and non-relational data solution available today.
You will work alongside an open and inclusive team who are extremely talented and bright and help you onboard, and see eye to eye with you in solving key challenges for our customers. You will be whiteboarding complex architecture, writing useful technical collateral for your customers and the community, you will be speaking at strategic conferences, and you be working with customers building MVPs, but most importantly, you will be the number one Trusted Advisor to your customer.
If any of the above excites you, what are you waiting for?
- Deep understanding of Oracle technologies starting from Applications to Databases, and certainly as subject matter expert on Oracle database technologies (RDBMS and DWH).
- Hands on experience of architecting and building and/or migrating operational systems running on large scale relational databases will help in excel in this role.
- Migration experience is a must, starting from scoping to data migration, to application migration. In depth experience of post migration performance tuning is a bonus.
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth in two or more of the following areas: Business Intelligence, Big Data, Data Governance, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence.
- Demonstrable ears of experience in consultative/complex technical sales or deployment projects required.
- Some understanding and experience working on other relational databases like SQL Server/ MySQL/ PostgreSQL/ Auroraetc will also be beneficial. In addition, understanding of NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase, DynamoDB, CosmosDB etc will be useful.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management and developers).
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.