|Job Type:||Full Time|
Quality is a key driver of service delivery value in Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS). As part of our Technical Quality Assurance (TQA) team, you will be a vital factor in providing overall technical risk mitigation and assisting in increasing the overall technical quality of the engagements MCS sells and delivers. As part of the wider Services Quality Assurance (SQA) function, you will be working with a large, global that impacted over $2B of services revenue in our last financial year through technical risk assessments of large/complex MCS engagements around the world.
TQA facilitates the business in taking on larger and higher risk deals by providing timely technical quality assurance and technical risk assessments and mitigations which allow business approvers to make calculated approval decisions.
Your technical expertise and consummate communicate skills will add real value to the WW TQA and the three core functions we perform:
- Technical risk assessments and technical quality assurance through monitoring of large/complex projects that require Services CVP approval
- Proactive technical risk management through standard technical recommendation for existing workloads and development of early risk profiles for new/emerging workloads.
- Governance of the TQA program
You will engage with senior level stakeholders in the Services organisation and be instrumental in driving consistency and best practice across the TQA function. Some of your other responsibilities will include:
- Conducting technical risk assessments of the most complex application development projects undertaken by MCS worldwide
- Providing delivery review feedback to the project teams and their management regarding various aspects of the project’s technical quality
- Recommending to Services Leadership Teams whether deals should be approved, and if so whether any conditions should be placed on the approval to ensure technical quality of the solution and appropriate mitigation of technical risks.
- Providing Area/TZ/Domain leadership team assessment of their portfolio risks, trends and comparison to other geographies/domains during both presales and delivery.
- Providing domain TQA coordination and review governance of regionally approved deals.
- Developing proactive technical risk mitigations through the development of Standard recommendations in new and existing workloads.
- Promoting and cultivating MCS recommended practices through quality assurance reviews around the world.
- Analysing and presenting recurring trends, patterns and insights from TQA/TQR assessments to senior management and at Microsoft events (Ready, technical community events, etc.).
With your ability to communicate to both verbally and written to a technical and senior level audience, you will be able to build credibility and influence the right stakeholders to achieve TQA’s objectives. Some of the other skills and experience that will help you to be successful in this role include:
- Experience in building architectures and oversight of complex implementations in large, complex projects.
- Designing cloud deployments of highly complex infrastructure solutions using Microsoft’s Azure or other Public Cloud IaaS.
- Experience in large scale transformational projects (cross-platform, platform modernization)
- Practical knowledge of Agile delivery methodology, Azure DevOps, Azure Automation and Azure Monitor.
- Experience in performing quality assurance reviews of large, complex projects.
- Consulting industry experience (MCS preferred).
- Experience in technical governance of complex projects, including building quality attributes and leveraging reference architectures and IP in solutions and enforcing them during delivery.
- Knowledge about the latest products and solutions available from both Microsoft and its partners in modern applications design and cloud solutions.
- Global experience across several markets and proficiency in English
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.