|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a brand new collaborative and diverse team of software developers in Glasgow. This team will be building the next generation trading systems for the Credit business - one of the world’s largest and most complex financial markets, worth trillions of dollars. It’s a huge multi-year undertaking, and we need more software developers to join us.
No prior experience of finance or trading is required. You can learn the domain by doing, with the support of our internal training programs and experienced colleagues.
What are we looking for?
A strongly motivated individual willing to continue promoting the existing collaborative team culture we have, are passionate about learning and want to do engineering right - to be able to tackle complex problems, to build resilient, scalable components that meet client needs, and to partner effectively with others across the world. Writing tests, object modelling and refactoring are becoming core parts of your engineering practice.
What do we offer?
- A diverse, inclusive and flexible environment.
- Fully automated, mature, true continuous deployment - where developers can push code in seconds from within the development environment.
- The ability to accelerate your own development by working with smart people willing to share their knowledge.
- Challenging projects using the concise, expressive joy of python
- Cutting edge reactive programming paradigm that allows us to write asynchronous applications with greatly improved parallelism and concurrency.
- …and of course market leading salary and benefits, with the career opportunities of a huge technology organization.
No prior experience of Python or reactive programming is required. We’ve found that the right people take to the language and paradigm quickly. You’ll join 2000 other active Python committers around the world, working on the same internal platform.