|Job Type:||Full Time|
The lawyer will be a member of the Corporate & Investment Bank Trade and Credit Products Legal team within the JPMorgan Legal Department advising across the spectrum of international trade finance transactions.
Key functions will include assisting in the structuring, documentation and negotiation of trade finance transactions (export and ECA covered loans, traditional trade finance products (letters of credit, bills of exchange, trade loans), supply chain finance, sales finance) and identifying and advising on related legal issues.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills;
- Strong experience of loan market or trade finance documentation;
- Astute commercial awareness, with ability to think cross-product and learn the essentials of new financial products and industries quickly;
- Confident and proactive with excellent communication skills;
- Pragmatic with ability to strike appropriate balance between achieving the commercial goals of the business units while protecting the interests of JPMorgan as a whole;
- Excellent work management skills - ability to manage multiple transactions at the same time and meet deadlines;
- Ability to develop appropriate working relationships with business colleagues across product lines and geographies, including emerging markets; and
- Team player.
- Strong experience of drafting, reviewing and negotiating documentation relating to loan and/or trade finance transactions
- Trade finance experience, whilst not essential, would also be considered favourably
- Broad-based general banking experience gained in a leading law firm or financial institution
- English qualified lawyer
- English required. Other languages would be an advantage
- Law Degree (or equivalent e.g. Graduate Diploma in Law)
- Qualified solicitor in England & Wales or equivalent qualification in home country
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.