|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
We’re looking for an exceptional IT Support Lead to help GoCardless support our employees as well as scale and automate our IT function.
GoCardless is on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid, so our customers can focus on what they do best. With the world shifting to a Subscription Economy, GoCardless is powering recurring payments across the globe via our world-first payments network. We've cut out the intermediaries by linking together direct debit schemes from around the world to create a simple way of pulling payments directly from customers' bank accounts.
We process more than $15bn a year, for over 50,000 businesses in more than 30 countries, and we’re growing fast. Our API powers recurring payments for companies like Survey Monkey, Bulb and the Financial Times. It also enables partners including Xero, Quickbooks and Sage to help small businesses to save countless hours spent chasing customers for payments.
IT at GoCardless cares deeply about the experience we provide, from day one. We act with people’s best interest at heart: we take responsibility for their problems and we know that there is always something we can do to help, however long it takes.
We enable GoCardless’ employees to focus on what matters most to them by removing all potential distractions: from Wifi to networking problems, we are there to make everything seamless! As an IT Engineer you will be involved in supporting our employees as well as improving our internal support tools and processes.
The ideal candidate is passionate about offering an exceptional user experience through end user support as well as making IT infrastructure and processes as smooth as possible. You will be part of a team that is responsible for supporting, managing and improving GoCardless' internal IT infrastructure and processes.
In this role you will:
- Efficiently and effectively troubleshoot and resolve daily IT issues reported by end-users.
- Track open tickets, prioritize, and document resolution of end-user requests.
- Troubleshoot advanced problems in networks, applications and hardware.
- Work on projects to design and build infrastructure.
- Make sure all our users and devices are compliant with our security standards.
- Build tools to deploy, automate and monitor infrastructure and services used by our employees.
You will also be a key contributor to:
- Providing a world class customer experience
- Designing and deploying new offices
- Implementing new process
- Ensure the security of our systems and working practices
Key technologies used include but are not limited to:
- Mac OS X
- Google Suite
- Slack and Zoom for communications
- Atlassian Suite
What we have to offer:
- Focus on your growth and development: regular discussions with your manager about your personal goals, feedback, coaching, learning and conference budget.
- A clear career progression: paths for managers and individual contributors, opportunities for growth and leadership aligned to our competencies framework.
- Ownership and autonomy: we give engineers problems to solve rather than specifications to implement, end to end ownership (deciding on the solution, implementing it, releasing it, maintaining it)
- Good work-life balance
Given the versatile nature of the role, we’re looking for someone who learns fast, enjoys collaborating with others, and is a pragmatic decision-maker.
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- You are passionate about helping out people - be it solving an issue or teaching them how to do something - you love people and helping them.
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty - you like to get involved with all aspects of IT and everything that comes with it. No job is too big or small for you.
- You have extensive knowledge of macOS, know how to troubleshoot it;
- You understand how networks work, and love figuring out what’s wrong when they don’t.
- You have experience with Zoom rooms, event set ups and management
- You like to build automation to setup, configure and manage our growing fleet of devices;
- You love to automate software and have a passion for open source projects;
- You’re a team player and enjoy working towards a common mission.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.