|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
Reporting into the Director of Talent Development, you will be responsible for establishing, implementing, and evolving our global compensation strategy, providing innovative and scalable solutions that will support our international growth plans.
This will include:
- Designing and developing our global reward strategy in alignment with our overall company strategy, growth plans, and culture
- Building short term and long term incentive plans eg. bonus, recognition, equity & pension programmes
- Managing global benefits programmes across 5 entities
- Build, implement and manage our global compensation framework including benchmarking and analysis
- Budgeting and planning with the finance and people teams
- Project managing bi-annual compensation reviews
- Responsible for the communication and delivery of programmes including training & coaching to managers as required
- Thinking creatively around appropriate compensation interventions that are bespoke and will blend with operational excellence
- Support our managers and people partners with bespoke job levelling and job evaluation processes
- Experience in roles requiring a high degree of strategic thinking, analytical skills, and cross-functional work
- Experience working in a fast-growth, fast-paced environment e.g. tech startup or scale-up, venture capital, etc
- Rewards experience is a plus but not required
- Outstanding track record of professional and academic achievement
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Structured thinker with ability to frame and solve unstructured problems; excellent analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders across various geographies, including senior stakeholders
- Comfortable with ambiguity and with rolling out plans in an agile way
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.