|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products. Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
As a Security Support Engineer, you will be an elite member of a customer-facing security support team working on resolving complex issues with state-of-the-art security technology as Azure Cloud and other On-Premises Microsoft Security products. We are investing $1 billion each year in security. We have a globally distributed cloud infrastructure— exceeding 100 datacenters with more than a million-physical server. Combining that with security response experts from across the company that help protect, detect, and respond 24/7 to security threats against our infrastructure and services in real time, we are committed to create a safer world for digital transformation
- Scope and resolve complex issues with onboarding, deployment and configuration of products
- Advise and educate customers on the features and capabilities of our products
- Communicate solutions and recommendations to the customer and ensure that they have the information and tools to address similar issues in the future
- Collaborate and coordinate with other teams and experts throughout Microsoft to tailor the best solution for customer issues
- Troubleshoot issues in customer environments involving cloud, server, endpoint, and network infrastructure
- Perform activities necessary to quickly mitigate outages and service interruptions in the customer’s environment by recommending and implementing workarounds
You have a passion for learning new technologies, collaborating with other experts to find solutions, having complete customer obsession, continuously optimizing and improving the customer support experience, and having fun.
- Demonstrated previous experience in a technical customer-facing role
- Cloud experience with any of the major cloud providers, including cloud security, networking, and migration of multi-cloud or hybrid deployments
- Experience with Azure Information Protection
- Experience with Active Directory and Rights Management Services (RMS)
- Experience with Azure Key Vault
- Fluency in English
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.