|Job Type:||Full Time|
Electrical Field Quality Inspector, Dublin
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
Mercury is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Mercury employs over 2,600 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1bn in 2020. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Reporting into the Mercury Business Unit Quality Manager monitor the quality of the electrical installation work on Healthcare Projects.
The role is primarily to represent the interests of & enhance Mercury Engineering’s reputation regarding the quality of both materials and workmanship in compliance with the design specification, employers’ requirements, quality standards & regulations
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Coordinate, monitor & inspect work on site in compliance with design drawings, specifications & standards.
- Provide documented findings on conformance and non-conformance to Project Management.
- Inspections could be at heights or underground and will include specialized aspects of electrical systems.
- Review Project documents, design drawings and specifications to maintain familiarity and ensure project teams have a full understanding of the requirements of all real & relevant documents.
- Conduct project observations and spot-checks of electrical work in progress, checking quality compliance, identifying & documenting any defects and coordinating closure in line with approved methods and best practice.
- Ensure contract compliance, such as conducting tests detailed, installing materials & equipment as specified, reporting deficiencies and improvements to project management.
- Provide reports on related quality matters, including third-party inspections, progress and causes for delay.
- Prepare necessary reports & KPI’s for Project Management.
- Maintenance & upkeep of detailed records using Microsoft word and BIM 360 Field Software.
- Liaising with supply chain subcontractors, suppliers and vendors, confirming that standards, relevant regulations, and legal requirements are achieved.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Hold a recognised qualification in electrical engineering or a time served electrician with 5 plus years of field experience on large projects.
- Hold relevant Health & Safety requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical design drawings, specifications, regulations, codes, and other material pertinent to the project.
- Working knowledge of electrical components and systems.
- Knowledge of electrical materials means and methods.
- Knowledge of applicable codes & regulations, e.g. ET 101 4th Edition (I.S. 10101:2020), I.S 3218, I.S 3217, Technical Guidance Documents (TGD), BCAR, CPR, CE Marking.
- Good level of IT skills, good knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Time Served Electrician
- Qualified certifier for verification and inspection of electrical Installations.
- Internal Auditor experience to ISO 9001
- Experience in using BIM Field Software.
- Previous experience in a Construction Quality role.
- Knowledge of the Healthcare Technical Memoranda (HTM) documents.
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.