|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Software Engineer Manager for the JPMC Enterprise Toolchain team (JET) within the CTO organization. In this role, you will lead a team of engineers to design and build a “best in class” Enterprise Toolchain for JPMC, you’ll stay current with emerging technologies and public cloud developments, you’ll partner closely with the business community to ensure the application landscape is designed to take the most advantage of JPMC’s Enterprise Toolchain and ensure the offerings are accelerating JPMC’s goals and objectives.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Ability to work closely in partnership with the business, technology and project management partners applying communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices
- Thorough understanding of software development methodology and champion the DevOps model
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead and manage projects
- Detail-oriented coupled with the ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Ability to drive progress with very-little guidance and short turnaround
- Ability to lead engineering team to deliver projects, coach and mentor engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent technical field
- Advanced-level implementation skills with Java and J2EE; Core Spring Framework and Spring boot
- Strong knowledge in Oracle, MS SQL and RDBMS database concepts
- Experience with distributed computing environments (including YARN, Spark and Hadoop) and cloud computing platforms (Amazon Web Services/AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Strong programming skills in BASH, Python, Perl, GO, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of modern development technologies and tools such Agile, CI/CD, Git, Terraform and Jenkins
- Certified in one or more cloud technology (AWS, Azure, GCP or RedHat) is a big plus
The JPMC Chief Technology Office (CTO) provides solutions to guide technology across the firm globally, removing inefficiencies and streamlining how we deliver quality solutions. We’re continuing to evolve from building next-gen platforms to guiding architectures that unlock their capabilities, automating how we take code from inception to production. We’re focused on optimizing how apps are designed for the future, targeting solutions that are portable across multi-cloud platforms to stay resilient, scalable and maintainable. The CTO will drive Modern Engineering Practices across the firm and provide the pathway for technologist to improve their speed, quality and application development practices.