|Job Type:||Full Time|
Prime Finance Quantitative Research
Quantitative Research (QR) at J.P. Morgan is an expert quantitative modeling group partnering with traders, marketers, and risk managers across all products and regions, with presence in Beijing, New York, London, Houston, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Sydney and Sao Paulo.
J.P. Morgan Prime Finance is looking for a strong senior quant to lead their team in London to develop and maintain sophisticated mathematical models, cutting-edge methodologies and infrastructure to improve the pricing & risk of their products.
You will work with senior stakeholders in the Prime Finance businesses, as well as technology and risk teams, to drive the implementation of sophisticated tools/analytics and advance their risk/pricing workflow. This requires the development of new innovative models, as well as enhancements to existing models, that cover the areas below. A strong technology team will work alongside the quant team.
Trading Optimization and Analytics
- Optimization of collateral and inventory under various constraints arising from regulatory, contractual, capital, etc. requirements on one hand and expected duration, internal opportunities, etc. on the other;
- Develop mathematical / statistical models for Prime desks to enhance business revenue and profitability for stock borrow-loan, cash and synthetic financing books;
- Devise solutions for systematic book management, improving the overall stability of our collateral and its respective uses;
- Deliver quantitative analytics to the desks that drive decision making;
- Work with content team to distribute interesting findings for market color;
- Maintain adequate control functionality;
Risk & Pricing
- Develop & enhance pricing models for valuing Delta 1 products;
- Improve the risk & pricing workflow for the desks;
- Develop software frameworks for analytics and their delivery to systems and applications.
- Advanced degree (Masters, PhD, or equivalent) in Math, Sciences, Engineering or Computer Science;
- Ideally 7-10 years of work experience in a related field;
- Experience managing a quantitative team;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, in particular to senior stakeholders;
- Fundamental understanding of statistics, optimization and machine learning methodologies;
- Strong software design and development skills, particularly in Python;
- Financial knowledge of Delta 1, Equity Derivatives, Inventory Management is a plus.