|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Newsletters and Email department helps to build and strengthen The Telegraph’s relationship with its readers and subscribers by crafting and curating bespoke editorial products around a number of key content verticals. It is also responsible for the content of all key email communications to subscribers and registrants.
The Deputy Head of Newsletters will oversee the day-to-day running of the editorial team and be directly responsible for maintaining publishing standards and optimising performance of our newsletter roster. They will also contribute to overall strategy and deputise for the Head of Newsletters and Email when necessary.
- Crafting and curating bespoke email newsletters around The Telegraph’s key content verticals
- Leveraging and managing key editorial and design talent to ensure The Telegraph’s newsletters maintain our highest standards
- Collaborating with key editorial stakeholders to develop new newsletter strands and series
- Collaborating with marketing, technology and CRM teams to optimise newsletter distribution
- Deputising for the Head of Newsletters and Email when appropriate and necessary
- Managing the Editorial Newsletters team
- Using data to inform decisions around editorial content and distribution models
- Responding to reader queries
Essential skills required for the role
- Excellent and demonstrable subbing, editing and production skills and proven ability to produce the highest quality work on a consistent basis
- Direct experience producing editorial newsletters and emails or demonstrable experience creating marketing subscription emails.
- Demonstrable experience of creating and curating high-quality editorial content for engaged audiences
- Expertise in News and Politics and at least two more of the following editorial areas: Sport, Business, Personal Finance, Technology, Lifestyle, Travel
- Excellent understanding of The Telegraph’s brands and journalistic values, both in digital and in print
- Excellent understanding of the existing digital publishing landscape and emerging media trends
- Demonstrable ability to use analytics tools and data reports to inform editorial decisions
- Proven track record of using personal judgement to increase engagement metrics
- Proven ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and departments and experience working collaboratively with multi-discipline teams
- Experience managing editorial teams
- Proven ability to think outside of the box and go the extra mile in order to produce the very best results
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
- Fantastic career development opportunities associated with working in an established, integrated, fast-paced analytics team
- Opportunity to learn and develop knowledge in a range of leading analytics tools.
- The Telegraph supports flexible working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including on-site gym, massages, and more).