|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport Administrator Coordinator, Kildare
Transport Administrator Coordinator (Ireland)
Procurement / Logistics
Logistics & Material Manager
Mercury Engineering is a multi-disciplined services provider for the Construction Industry with over 40 years’ experience. Mercury is currently operating on projects in the UK, Ireland, Europe and Scandinavia.
Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation. Mercury values the depth of experience and specialist knowledge of all our employees. Throughout an employee’s career with us they will be encouraged and supported to continuously develop their skills.
Purpose of Position
Assisting Transport Manager in all administrative work involved in Deliveries to site on time.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Booking in deliveries to construction site on clients software system & Internal logistics, liaising with suppliers and off site manufacturing (OSM’s)
- Coordinate delivery and book in of deep sea containers to various warehouses locations,
- Arranging customs clearance, ensuring Vat & duty is paid & associated paperwork.
- Work closely with procurement department monitoring and coordinating interactions with suppliers and freight forwarders.
- Working closely with the Transport Manager to update transport related activities, SAP and transport trackers along with reviewing supplier invoices.
- Booking in deliveries to construction site, liaising with suppliers and off site manufacturing (OSM’s)
- Creating requisitions and completing service entries/ Goods receipting in SAP (ERP System)
- Ability to liaise and manage all site paperwork
- General Administration Office Duties
- Perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
Competencies and Experience Requirement
- Strong administration skills.
- Computer literate, particularly in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills and knowledge of freight forwarding and import procedures.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Pride in the quality and presentation of work
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in the construction or engineering industry
- Experience using SAP
Who Will I Communicate With?
- Freight forwarders
- OSM’s (Off site Manufacturing sites)
- Custom Clearance
- Transport Manager
- Logistics & Material Manager
- Site Logistics
- Expedite Team
- Buyers / Procurement
- Project Manager
- QA Manager
- Material Controller
- Site Manager
- Engineering & Construction