|Job Type:||Full Time|
Firmwide Data Management (FDM) was created with the mission to help improve the quality, integrity and reliability of the firm’s critical data. Party Reference Data and Reference Data Strategy actively contribute to the firm’s efforts in growing the business, reducing costs, and ensuring regulatory compliance. The organization’s objectives are to explain the path that critical data follows, improve data quality, reduce ambiguity and inconsistent terminology, enhance transparency, rationalize the number of replicated data assets, and improve firmwide-sharing of information and best practices. To achieve all of this, FDM serves as the governing body to create firmwide standards that drive consistent data management practices, develop technologies and processes to support data management processes, partner with LOBs to embed data management best practices and capabilities, and ensure sustainability by refining, measuring, and improving the firm’s ability to manage data.
The successful candidate will join the Reference Data Strategy team focused on driving business priorities and strategy. Strong partnerships with other global functional support areas are essential; these include technology, business support management, product business managers, legal, credit and various operational support teams. An ability to develop effective working relationships with partners, stakeholders, and senior management is critical; this role interacts with the leads across the Party Reference Data, Reference Data Strategy and FDM organizations.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Supporting the adoption of the strategic party and account reference data model from onboarding to downstream processing
- Leading analysis / working group meetings with stakeholders including preparation of meeting materials
- Documenting current state, future state process / workflows
- Developing business cases as needed where technological infrastructure build / changes are identified
- Contributing ideas and solutions to help shape both tactical and strategic solutions
- Documenting meeting minutes, maintaining scorecards, project plans, RAID logs and other PMO updates
- Knowledge of party reference data, client onboarding processes (including KYC) and downstream trade booking and risk management processes
- Ability to understand logical data models and work with data architects to define extensions to the strategic party and account data model
- Experience of working on agile delivery projects with ability to write user stories / requirements
- Delivery focused with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and investigative skills
- Excellent data analysis skills; ability to analyze data using Excel
- Strong communication, presentation (both oral and written) & influencing skills
- PowerPoint and Visio skills with ability to create business focused presentations and clear process flows
- Confidence in communicating internally at all levels; candidate will be dealing with stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority across front office, middle office and technology teams
- Ability to build effective business relationships
- Effective change management skills. Ability to support & adopt within a changing environment.
- Strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high-level standard
This role provides an outstanding opportunity at JPMorgan Chase for the selected candidate to join a high profile team and take a partnership role, supporting one of the Bank’s most significant change programs.