|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Emerging Marking Corporate Bonds Research team for Emerging Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEEMEA region) analyzes companies and makes investment recommendations to existing and potential bond investors. Our work involves meeting managements at these companies, understanding their strategy, analyzing financial statements, identifying risks and opportunities, valuing bonds and finally, synthesizing all of this in the form of OVERWEIGHT, UNDERWEIGHT or NEUTRAL recommendations in our research reports.
JP Morgan has one of the most well established emerging market corporate research franchises globally. Our extensive EM research coverage complements the bank’s significant credit trading and debt capital market operations.
Our team is looking for a junior credit analyst who will assist the team in credit analysis as well as day-to-day recurring and ad hoc activities. This includes updating models, writing research notes, updating data-bases and responding to client queries.
Unlike other research groups, the junior credit analyst in our team also inherits material responsibility and significant exposure. You will typically initiate full sector coverage and start engaging with clients and internal risk takers from early days.
Although this is a first year Associate level position, depending upon the candidate, we may be able to hire at Analyst level. Work experience is required.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong interpersonal skills. Specifically:
- You need to have experience in financial modelling;
- You need to have a good understanding of financial accounting;
- You need to have a strong understanding of global markets, business enterprises and corporate strategies;
- You need to be interested in and curious about emerging markets;
- You need to be inquisitive, detail-oriented and persistent;
- You need to be good at multi-tasking;
- You need to have the drive to be ranked #1 in what you are covering;
- You need to have the desire to learn about issuers, markets and products;
- You need to be very good in written and oral communication – we write a lot and talk a lot in this role. Our communication needs to be clear, concise and impactful;
- You need to be strong in the use of Excel and Power Point;
- CFA is a plus.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities. such activities.