|Job Type:||Full Time|
Junior EHS Advisor, Dundalk, Co Louth
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Adherence to the project & Mercury Engineering Safety Management system
- Adherence to relevant Environmental, Health & Safety statutory provisions & legislation
- Adherence to Mercury Engineering & PSCS Environmental, Health & Safety Plans.
- Coordination in the development of task specific Method statements, risk assessments, safe plan of action, permit to work.
- Compliance with the project safety statement.
- Coordination of project safety indicators.
- Good Safety Practices are managed & maintained.
- Ongoing C.O.S.H.H assessments, control of hazardous substances.
- Safety interventions are completed & registered.
- Carry out regular site audits and inspection, document results and follow up on any corrective actions.
- Records of statutory inspections are available for project activities, tool and plant.
- Adopt a Proactive approach to project EHS requirements.
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a team.
- Provide Safety input to site management & at site EHS forums.
- Ensure project sub-contractor adhere to project EHS policies & procedures.
- Mercury Engineering site induction & training is coordinated, managed & maintained.
- Project PPE is resourced & available.
- Compile & carry out Toolbox talks, as necessary
- Assist or carry out accident investigation reports in a timely manner & ensure communication to Mercury Engineering project management.
- Welfare & Hygiene facilities are in place, managed & maintained.
- Liaison with site Project Management on environmental, health & safety issues.
- Up to date documentation is included with the Safety File.
- Waste reduction and recycling programmes are maintained in line with project policies & procedures.
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
- Relevant third level Certificate qualification in Environmental, Health & Safety (HETAC Level 7 or Equivalent)
- Thorough knowledge of current environmental, health and safety legislation
- Flexibility in working patterns where necessary.
- Ability to efficiently manage all environmental, health and safety issues on site.
- Strong communication & computer skills,
- Ability to work on own initiative and possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Previous site experience
- Close attention to detail
- Good team-working skills
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer