|Job Type:||Full Time|
Vaultex is the UK’s leading cash processing company with sites nationwide. As a joint venture between Barclays Bank and HSBC, we process in excess of £160 billion bank notes and coins per year on behalf of our shareholders and customers, adhering to standards set by the Bank of England and the Note Circulation Scheme. If laid end-to-end, the note inflow we process would stretch to the moon and back!
Our mission to deliver best-in-class integrated cash management is underpinned by pinpoint accuracy and the design of bespoke solutions for our customers. As an award-winning employer focused on enabling on-going professional development and a healthy work-life balance, we believe in giving our staff a career and not just a job.
Learn more about us at: https://vaultexuk.com/about-us/
At Vaultex, equality is a core. We believe that businesses can be powerful platforms for social change and that our purpose is to drive Equality for all. Creating a culture of Equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. With the help of our entire stakeholders— our employees, customers, partners, and community — we can achieve equality for all.
We have recently launched our Diversity Strategy which focuses on the 4 ‘S’ approach below
- Speaking up about discrimination
- Sharing and educating
- Standing for what is right
- Shape our future
As part of the Vaultex Risk team you will perform a vital role in supporting the identification, assessment and mitigation of risks facing the business.Reporting into the Enterprise Risk Manager, you will join an established 2nd line function. This is a diverse role with the opportunity to work closely with Senior Management, and to be a key part of developing our risk and control framework going forwards.
Main responsibilities include:
- Providing advice and guidance to the business, to ensure that the business fully understands its risk and regulatory requirements.
- To provide oversight and assurance to the Enterprise Risk Manager that all areas of the Enterprise Risk Framework is appropriately implemented and is being adhered to.
- To provide challenge where appropriate, whilst maintaining relationships with Senior Management.
- Playing a leading role in driving the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and the policies that support it.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly reports on risk for various committees.
- Monitoring and continuously developing risk metrics.
- Promoting and reinforcing Vaultex’s risk culture throughout the business.
- Building effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitation of risk workshops with functional and departmental leaders and their teams, as well as risk workshops relating to projects.
- Contributing to solutions to mitigate and manage risks to an acceptable level, and to allow the realisation of opportunities.
- Working with the Enterprise Risk Manager to continuously develop the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and associated Risk Toolkit.
- Making periodic assessments of the effectiveness of risk management within the Business and reporting relevant findings upwards to the Risk Management Committee
Why should you apply?
- We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Gold Status. As such, we have a great range of benefits, which include:
- A generous company pension- all employees are auto-enrolled onto a scheme whereby 4% from your salary is matched with a 10% employer contribution (other options available)
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- 25 days annual leave, with an option to buy additional holidays
- Group life assurance
- Performance related bonus
- VaulteXtra – offering discounts on various retailers, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, Gym Flex Membership, Cash-back on purchases, re-loadable cards to spend in store and eye tests
- Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling
- Robust learning and development department offering opportunities for career progression.
- A company culture underpinned by our CSR programme which welcomes and rewards innovative ideas, outreach into the community through charity work, and a celebration of our diverse workforce.
- Experience of operating within a Risk Framework (E)
- Qualification or professional development in Risk Management , IRM or something similar (E)
- An understanding of Operational, Financial, and Regulatory risks (E)
- An understanding of Technology/Cyber risks (D)
- Detail oriented and methodical (E)
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build strong and constructive relationships at a senior level with key stakeholders and customers (E)
- Ability to understand, determine and manage key risk indicators (E)
- Proven risk management experience (E)
- Educated to degree level standard or equivalent (D)
- Highly commercial and numerate with excellent written and verbal communication skills (E)
- Ability to undertake occasional overnight stays and UK based travel
- Excellent organisational and time management skills (E)
- Strong Excel skills – intermediate level (E)
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. If you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process please let us know. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.
Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!