|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department: Procurement/ Editorial
Reporting line: Director, Procurement and Partnerships
- As a member of the Editorial team, to manage and negotiate all contracts within the Editorial Department by working with the Managing Editors office and Senior Editors/Desk Managers.
- To create/update policies in relation to the engagement of retainers, photographers and ensure finance controls relating to new and renewed contracts are adhered to.
- Assisting Editorial Finance with contract budget management.
- Responsible for ensuring all Editorial Info & Feeds and Retainer contracts are documented and up-to-date within Gatekeeper.
- Working with the Managing Editor, Senior Editors and Desk Editors when required, to ensure contracts are renewed on time and negotiations are undertaken with suppliers in advance of contract renewal dates. Must be prepared to challenge and push back if contrary to policy or financial limits.
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on the correct process and influence behaviours in accordance to TMG policies
- Ensuring that Group Legal has legally reviewed and approved the contracts, in particular where there are changes to the standard contract, or a well-known celebrity
- Liaising with Procurement to ensure that all supplier onboarding have been properly undertaken, where relevant.
- Work with the Managing Editor's office and Editorial Finance team to provide accurate regular RAG status of all critical and significant suppliers. Also help to identify opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Work alongside the AP team (future specialist editorial team TBC) to ensure due diligence checks are carried out on new retainers, contributors, photographers, Master Data records are up-to-date between Agresso and Gatekeeper, and payments to suppliers are made within contractual timeframes.
- Liaise with the Managing Editor, Senior Editors, Desk Editors re the deliverables [on a monthly basis]?.
- Assist Editorial Finance when budgeting and forecasting Info & Feeds and Retainers.
Telegraph Media Group’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
Essential skills required for the role
- Experience of managing retainers, contributors, photographers, dealing with their agents and negotiating these contracts.
- Ability to understand key terms in contracts and confirm data held on the contract management system aligns with the actual contract
- Excellent communication and influencing skills when dealing with stakeholders and suppliers
- Project management skills when managing renewals and new contracts?
- Good understanding of risk management in relation to contracts
Additional Skills useful for the role
- Flexible and resilient – able to work to tight timescales as required.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Advanced Word for Windows skills
- Google Suite skills
- The Telegraph supports flexible and home working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including on-site gym, massages, and more).
- In-role development and access to formal development.
- Annual training plan linked to key objectives and Industry certifications