|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Service & Support
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
Support Escalation Engineers (SEE) serve as Senior technical leaders for Microsoft customers and partners, via phone, email chats, forums and web. They deliver value by collaboratively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, promoting product quality and enhancements, and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. SEEs contribute to the success of others through mentoring peers, delivering one-to-many education and advising Managers on the development of the Team.
The strong suit of an SEE is in employing problem isolation techniques, assets, and product knowledge to solve problems. They investigate and solve highly complex technical issues requiring expert product or service knowledge. They act as a subject matter expert regarding product / configuration and will often employ sophisticated troubleshooting tools such as analysis of event logs, component traces, and performance traces to resolve customer issues. SEEs collaborate with experts from across the business, including our Development Teams.
- Obsess about and know our customers and partners, responding to and resolving the most critical customer issues
- Role Model the Customer eXperience Framework CARE behaviours
- Seeks information about the underlying needs of customers, developing and communicating realistic outcomes
- Conducts in-depth analysis of problems, including leading triage meetings
- Allocates and aligns resources to optimize the customer experience; acts as a mentor and role-model
- Demonstrates expertise in a specific solution, or several products, feature functions, or services
- Takes ownership for product improvement in a focus area through strong working knowledge of pre-release products
- Cultivates relationships, credibility, and loyalty with customers and partners intentionally by sharing relevant business expertise
- Contributes to the creation of resources (tools, scripts, diagnostics, content) to improve troubleshooting
Required for Exchange
- Deep understanding in Exchange architecture
- Deep troubleshooting skills with Exchange
- Experience with Exchange 2010, 2013 and 2016
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 and 2016
- Design, administration and/or support experience with Exchange On-Premise and Exchange Online environments
- Experience with Migrations to Exchange On Premise to Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting skills with Exchange Transport and Client Access
- Troubleshooting experience with Devices syncing.
- Experience with Exchange Disaster Recovery scenarios
- Deep understanding of Active Directory and DNS
- O365 Security and Compliance related technologies (eDiscovery, DLP, ATP, OCAS, etc.)
Required for Outlook
- Microsoft Office applications & Outlook 2010/2013/2016
- Microsoft Office 365 and/or Exchange on-premise servers administration (2007/2010/2013/2016)
- Windows Server concepts and administration (Active Directory, Group Policy Management, Networking)
- Networking (HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP)
- Outlook for iOS, Outlook for Android, and Outlook for Mac
English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
UK National or UK Resident for =] 5 years, willing to be security cleared
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.