|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about Digital Transformation and ensuring that the UK Defence and National Security is an industry that embraces Cloud technology and its possibilities? Do you have a vision for how Microsoft can strategically work with UK Defence on their Defence Information Strategy? Are you a go to trusted advisor for Defence industry leaders? If so, come join us in the role of a National Technology Officer for defence and National Security.
Joining Microsoft as the NTO for Defence and National Security, you'll help customers and partners in this ecosystem achieve their digital transformation goals. You'll use your experience and network in the Defence Industry open new markets and build trust for Microsoft's cloud platform. You'll figure out the biggest challenges and barriers to adoption of cloud and emerging technologies within both government and highly regulated industries—and you'll collaborate with engineering, marketing, field teams, and customers to remove or mitigate those barriers.
Reporting to the UK National Technology Officer, you'll be part of the UK Public Sector business where you'll be helping to deliver on Microsoft's mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We're motivated every day to bring the best of Microsoft to our customers. At Microsoft, you can join other passionate innovators and take your career to places you simply couldn't reach anywhere else. We are insatiably curious and always learning. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn from our mistakes. We build on each other's ideas and collaborate across boundaries—because we are better together, and together we can make a difference.
To succeed in the role we expect you to be /have:
- Be the leading voice on data enabled digital transformation for Defence and National Security
- Model Microsoft's technology vision and culture of learning, while developing strategies to protect and extend Microsoft Cloud into customers and partners in UK Defence and National Security
- Inspire leaders across the Defence and National Security industry on how best to leverage innovation to drive digital transformation.
- Expand or defend addressable Public Sector and other regulated markets in an evolving policy, regulatory and customer environment.
- Be the technical lead on digital sovereignty, risk management, security, privacy, compliance, standards and certifications.
- Understand how customers evaluate risks and what's needed to build trust and help them through their transformation.
- Be deeply familiar with Microsoft's products’ and cloud services' compliancy processes and capabilities—and know how to position them to customers and how to train partners.
Deep customer and market acumen:
- A sought-after spokesperson and technical expert in local markets
- Expand markets by contributing to local industry direction or via next-gen technology.
- Clearly articulate digital transformation strategies and benefits to business executives and government decision makers.
- Work with industry leads and Microsoft Engineering to develop a digital transformation technology strategy for their market.
- Build an external influencer network to support Microsoft's digital transformation strategy.
- Good understanding of the UK Defence and National Security functions and decision making.
Ensure responsible use of technology:
- Be the technical lead to help UK leverage the benefit of AI and other technologies in a responsible way (i.e. Gov AI advisory bodies)
Drive Tech Intensity:
- As technology leader advocate, inspire and mobilize PS elites and customer CxO executives to fully understand the opportunities enabled by increased Tech Intensity and how to realize desired business outcomes.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.