|Job Type:||Full Time|
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What does the team do?
Ocado is now truly a technology led global software and robotics platform providing a unique end-to-end solution for online grocery partners on a global scale. Ocado has entered into agreements with global partners to build and operate more than 50 Customer Fulfilment Centres in the coming years.
We are about to initiate an end to end Finance Transformation programme including the implementation of a new ERP platform, to improve Finance processes and to enable the function to become a strategic partner to the business.
What would I be doing?
We’re currently recruiting for a Test Analyst to work in the Finance Transformation team within our Group IT department. This role will be a Fixed Term Contract, which is due to start immediately and end in May 2021. In this role you will be expected to assist in preparation and execution of the testing on the programme including but limited to:
- Analyse the requirements and based on these write Test Scenarios and Test Scripts for testing Fusion and interfaces To/From Fusion
- Provide support for the programme during test execution (SIT, End-to-End & UAT)
- Ensure that when incidents arise during testing these are recorded and further triage these defect reports to ensure they are of a quality sufficient to allow those tasked with their resolution to reproduce them
- Work with Business stakeholders, System Integration Partners and the IT delivery team to ensure all defects are recorded and progressed to a swift resolution with progress being reported in a timely manner following the process outlined in the Test Approach (with support from the Defect Manager)
- Train users in test execution and outcome recording
- Assist with any administration duties which support the Test workstream (e.g. Booking users in for Test execution, recording the attendees at a UAT session).
- Assist with ensuring that all workarounds are thoroughly and clearly documented with all identified risks and operational impacts quantified.
- Clearly report in a timely fashion progress in test execution
- Record defects in JIRA.
- Provide information should you be asked to facilitate testing gates for entrance/exit criteria
- Provide any data required to Test Closure Reports and Lessons Learned
What we are looking for
- Significant experience and knowledge of Oracle's Fusion
- In-depth knowledge of analysing User requirements, the Test Scenario and Script creation process and experience of having undertaken the same
- Experience in Defect Reporting and knowledge of the resolution process.
- Previous experience using JIRA as a Defect Management tool.
- In depth knowledge and experience in the use of Test Management Tools (in particular those integrated with JIRA (Zenith, Atlassian, TFS or ALM)).
- Experience of supporting technical staff in System Integration Testing
- Experience of assisting users through the execution of User Acceptance Testing, including training them in how to test
- Ability to communicate with users, technical developers and line management clearly at all stages of testing
- Previous experience of working in a complex Oracle Fusion implementation with a wide ranging systems landscape.
- In-depth JIRA knowledge
- Experience in providing Users with training in defect creation and the use of JIRA.
- Used a number of test tools such as Zenith, Atlassian. TFS or ALM.
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.