|Job Type:||Full Time|
Junior Mechanical Engineer, Dublin
Mercury is an Irish based European Contractor.
We build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Our determination and focus enable us to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Life Sciences & Technology, Building Services, Healthcare, Fire Protection and Technical Support Services. Mercury employs almost 2,000 people across Ireland, the UK, and Europe, and had an overall turnover of €900m in 2019. Mercury employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- To support the engineering requirements through managing & liaising with Key Project Stakeholders (Client design team, Main contractor, Suppliers, Sub-contractors, etc).
- Familiarisation of Design/IFC specifications and drawings to fully understand the scope of the Project works.
- Overseeing the Co-ordination process to transform design information into full installation drawings by BIM personnel ensuring spec compliance and as per schedule priority.
- Assessment of Sub-contract and Supplier Tender returns for Technical compliance with design intent specifications.
- Familiarisation with the Project schedule and ensuring Engineering activities do not impact on same (e.g. Procurement, etc).
- Management of the technical submittal, approvals
- Management of the material procurement utilising Engineering Materials Report (EMR) by producing material take offs identifying the lead in periods and field need rates
- Ensure Works are installed in accordance with Project specifications and to the Project QA plan (for e.g. pre-agreed benchmarking).
- Management of Sub-contractors and ensuring adequate information flow to ensure works progress in line with the Project Schedule and Weekly Meeting logged.
- Evaluate and promote the use of new engineering practices and processes to enhance delivery time of the project.
- Preparation and agreeing project completion criteria and close out documents.
- Preparing Sub-contract and Supplier Tender Packages in conjunction with Project QS.
- Manage the Workpacks process from development, implementation and handover
- Manage BIM priorities i.e. isometrics generation and release
- Responsibility matrix as per above
- All other duties associated with the role
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- 3+ years experience working with a recognised Mechanical/Electrical contractor in process mechanical / pipework
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient in use of systems software related to Engineering functions
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of modularisation
Mercury is an equal opportunities employer.