|Job Type:||Full Time|
Assists the Finance and Accounting department with payment and tracking of bills and reconciling conflicts.
Reports to: Accounts Payable Manager
- Pays bills and invoices in accordance with established methods and procedures.
- Maintains accurate records of all Accounts Payable transactions.
- Works with internal staff (purchasers) and external vendors and suppliers to clarify differences and reconcile conflicts.
- Responsible for match, batching, coding and approving invoices
- Posting and allocating payments and receipts
- Supplier statements and weekly bank reconciliations
- Preparing payment runs
- Takes direction from senior staff and develops technical skills
Essential skills required for the role
Strong analytical and interpretation skills
Self-starter/’streetwise’/proactive -> evidence of this important
Energetic and enthusiastic
Must have balance between analytical & attention to detail and ability to have overview and understanding of key issues
Good communication skills vital to ensure effective communication with finance and non-finance staff – will liaise closely with Circulation Dept/Senior Finance Managers as well as the rest of Finance team/Circulation Managers
Must be able to challenge/review at all levels
Ability to develop overview of the business and understand key drivers
- Collaborates with departmental associates and management.
- Adapts interaction style to situations and people.
- Identifies roles and responsibilities for self and others.
- Demonstrates an understanding of alternative points of view.
Accuracy & Attention to Detail
- Processes limited amounts of detailed information with good accuracy.
- Utilizes specific approaches and tools for checking and cross-checking outputs.
- Develops and uses checklists to insure that information goes out error-free.
- Accurately gauges the impact and cost of errors, omissions, and oversights.
Managing Multiple Priorities
- Performs at least 2-3 concurrent activities without reducing productivity.
- Completes current work according to assigned priorities.
- Recognises changing demands and priorities; validates changes with management.
- Responds to day-to-day operational priorities while still making progress on project work.
- Makes oral presentations and writes reports needed for own work.
- Avoids technical jargon when inappropriate.
- Looks for and considers non-verbal cues from individuals and groups.
- Listens to feedback without defensiveness and uses it for own communication effectiveness.
- Processes accounts payable transactions as a regular part of daily work.
- Prepares purchase orders, invoices, receipts, debits, credits and adjustments.
- Assists in processing discounts and special invoices.
- Verifies that goods and services were delivered as promised.
- The Telegraph supports flexible and home working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including on-site gym, massages, and more).
- In-role development and access to formal development.
- Annual training plan linked to key objectives and Industry certifications
Telegraph Media Group’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.