IT Procurement & Commercial Manager
Location: Flexible across Southern England/Scotland
Salary: £52,800 - £79,200 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Flexible working patterns available | 37 hours per week
Reporting to the Head of Procurement & Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for leading the IT procurement team in the delivery of the cradle-to-grave procurement process including RFP, RFQ, contract & commercial negotiation, executive stakeholder management and SRM.
- Acting as the lead Commercial advisor to the IT Leadership Team
- Facilitating relationships with Suppliers and managing their contractual delivery to ensure the successful outcome across a portfolio of Programmes and Projects
- Supporting the delivery of IT and Procurement departmental KPIs and objectives such as savings in total cost of ownership, value engineering and safety and sustainability performance
- Understanding the categories which make up IT and having the insight as to how SGN can leverage its position in the market to deliver improved value to its shareholders
- Experience of the tools and techniques of category planning combined with deploying these collaboratively with stakeholders to achieve their broader business objectives
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve things you never thought possible.
We also offer company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We are looking for someone who is Contractually and Commercially minded, with strong procurement knowledge of the IT supply market, and categories such as Software, Hardware, Services & Telco. Experience of leading large-scale negotiations with market-leading vendors would be desirable, as this role will require the ability to build and sustain strong supplier relationships, to reap longer term benefits. Confidence to challenge the norm and think creatively would be an advantage in this role.
We are also looking for;
- Experience managing a portfolio of 3rd party related spend of £30m+ and individual contract values of £5m+ per annum
- Knowledge of procurement related systems (e.g. Oracle, Emptoris)
- Degree educated (or equivalent) to a recognised appropriate professional body, IACCM
- qualified, or a similar body, is desirable but not essential
- Experience of managing and developing a small team
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical / project teams to develop tenders which lead to commercially robust and value adding contracts
- Ability to take ownership of resolution of contractual disputes
- Ensure contractual governance is applied and, if possible, demonstrate knowledge of UK Utilities Contracts Regulations
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…