|Job Type:||Full Time|
An excellent opportunity has arisen within our Stock Availability/Inventory team to join us as an Area Coordinator on nights, to work at Ocado's Customer Fulfilment Centre based in Erith, Kent. This site is 563,000 square feet and boasts world leading technology, which is predominantly developed in house at Ocado. At full capacity we will be fulfilling over 200,000 customer orders a week, which requires a 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of colleagues and managers who lead by example.
As an Area Coordinator will be responsible for all on shift operational and front line auxiliary activities, that supports the successful delivery of KPI’s for our Stock Availability unit across the site. You will be supporting the area manager to ensure a safe and respectful work environment whilst delivering outstanding service to internal and external customers.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and support all new team members by sharing all information and knowledge required in order to maximise the new starter experience, and helping to coach and upskill to improve techniques
- Capture employee headcounts for specific work areas, ensuring employees are deployed and managed fairly whilst on shift
- Adopt a proactive approach by ensuring all SSOW’s are relevant, are being adhered to and any hazards are removed
- Take ownership for identifying, reporting and resolving any defective equipment within your business area
- Ensure all processes and supporting tasks are completed to agreed timescales
- Assist the Area and MSC Operations managers with assessing team performance and highlighting and coaching any unsatisfactory performance with the aim of rectifying the issue
Please note, this role will involve standing and walking for extended periods, lifting objects weighing up to 30kg (periodically), be required to train using MHE and work within temperature critical environments ranging from 30 C to -30 C.
What we are looking for:
- Good numerical skills with the ability to read and understand quantities of data through a target/KPI driven framework
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Excellent PC skills with knowledge of Google systems and basic Microsoft knowledge
- The ability to recognise poor operating techniques and making effective suggestions for improvement
- Knowledge of best practice, Health and Safety and SSOW’s
- Experience of using a Warehouse Management System (WMS) would be advantageous
- Previous people management experience would be preferred
- Previous experience of working within a FMCG environment would be preferred
You will be required to work 48 hours per week, 12 hour shifts from 19:00 - 07:00.
We are currently offering a competitive salary of £23,000 per annum, plus you will receive an additional night shift premium through this being a nights role.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers