|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
As a team, we transform our client’s businesses using a combination of strategic thinking, customer-centric service design, and agile engineering practices. We do this at internet scale – driving innovation, and enriching people’s lives. Our skills and talent enable PA’s purpose of creating positive a human future in a technology driven world.
Our ambition is to be the best, most ingenious, Digital team that our clients have ever worked with.
And we want Digital to be the best team you’ve ever worked with in the best job you’ve ever had.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer, we'll be looking at you to set direction and take responsibility for successfully achieving an outcome or deliverable. You may have a team of people to support, be leading a development team(a small team with a mix of technology skills that work together in a collaborative environment), or else you could be working across multiple teams, providing some centralised expertise necessary for a larger program of work.
Your clients and colleagues will look to you for:
- Expertise in architecture
- Knowledge of the development process, perhaps being responsible for the overall process across a team, or multiple teams, creating strong values and putting robust methods and patterns in place
- Maintaining communication with the client regularly, being one of the key points of engagement between the client and the project
- Coaching and mentoring the team
- Help shaping and contributing to bids, working with a bid team on the approach or proposal and perhaps even presenting to clients in a formal selection process
- Playing a role in account management and strong consulting skills
What we're looking for
- Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP
- Building and implementing CI/CD Pipelines, experience working with repos, build automation tools, build orchestration and environment automation is very interesting E.g. Jenkins, GIT, SVN, CVS, Cloud-Formation, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Code Pipeline, Azure Stack
- Implementing microservices and containers E.g. Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift
- Implementing tools for logging, monitoring and alerting. E.g. TICK Stack, ELK Stack, Splunk, CloudWatch
- Creating and automating virtual machines in the cloud deployed on compute instances
- Implementing other cloud infrastructure and networking required to host a digital service, including storage, firewall and network configuration
- High availability, business continuity and disaster recovery solutions in the cloud
- Deploying serverless functions E.g. AWS Lambda, GCP Cloud Functions, Azure Cloud Functions
- Working knowledge of OS including CLI experience, deploying and configuring application or web servers in virtual machines. E.g. Linux, Tomcat, JBoss, Windows Server, IIS
- Solving environmental and configuration issues across the stack
- Application of operational process, such as, patching strategies and dependency management of environments and virtual machines
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.