|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The CIB Chief Data Office (CDO) is accountable for transforming the approach to managing data to create an industry-leading data environment in terms of control, cost, and efficiency. The program scope continues to evolve and encompasses cultural, behavioral, procedural and systemic transformation across the full range of data domains (such as reference, market and transaction).
The successful candidates will join a team focused on transformation of Data Quality management across FW teams and within the CIB, be responsible for supporting the strategy and execution of Chief Data Office’s initiatives as well as creating a best in class DQ management capability that can be leveraged across the Firm.
The role will require working with stakeholders across the CIB and other line of business (LOB) CDO teams and Firmwide Data Management, looking to leverage best practice across the industry and other J.P. Morgan business units.
In particular, the role will deliver capabilities required by the recent Firmwide Data Governance Policy, including the Data Content Owner role and associated operating models, processes and tooling.
This role is a an outstanding opportunity within JPMorgan and will offer the candidate the opportunity to join a high profile team and take a partnership role within the CIB Chief Data Office group to support one of the most significant change programs.
Key roles and responsibilities
Working within the change team, contributing towards the following:
- Design, delivery and implementation of the Firmwide Data Quality (DQ) Standards, Operating Model and associated training and tooling
- Influence the design and contribute to the delivery and implementation of the DQ standards and Operating Model
- Liaise with CDO teams across the firm to develop DQ in context of the wider data governance process, e.g. data ownership, data sourcing, data lineage, metadata and definition
- Manage the design and development of tooling solutions
- Ownership of associated training requirements, partnering with the Firmwide Data Management (FDM) training lead and training technology teams
- Firmwide Operational Risk and DQ convergence for Issue Management
- Investigating opportunities for closer alignment of DQ and Operational Risk capabilities for DQ Issue Management and generate proposals
- Influence stakeholders across Corporate/LOB/Firmwide teams and the Control Organization, for agreement of proposals and subsequent implementation
- Continued advancement of the Data Quality program
-E.g. explore the use of Artificial Intelligence (i.e. machine learning) to assist in accomplishing Data Quality Issue Management
- Act as an ambassador for Data Quality within CIB and with other LOB/CF stakeholders
- Collaborate with other FDM teams (DNA, Data Use, Controls) as required to achieve objectives and further the FDM Strategy
- Effective change management skills - willingness to support & adopt within a fluid environment
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously with strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high standard
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hands on project experience
- Business analysis experience
- Confidence in communicating internally at all levels; excellent presentation (both oral and written) and influencing skills - candidate will be dealing with stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority (up to MD level) across Corporate/LOB/Firmwide teams
- Understanding and experience of Data Governance principles
- Understanding of Data Management strategy and capabilities
- Experience of the Operational Risk & RCSA process preferred
- Basic understanding of the company's business practices and familiarity with the company's products and services
- Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture
- Technical skills, e.g. VBA (MS Access / Excel), would be advantageous
- Strong practical experience of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.