|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
We’re looking for a Head of Platform Engineering to lead our multiple groups that work on mission-critical infrastructures, tools and processes that enable our products to scale at a rapid pace. You will be hiring, developing and leading a very strong group of Software Development Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers and helping them reach their highest potential. You will ensure that our infrastructure runs non-stop around the world to serve our increasingly global customer base.
In this role you will:
- develop great people
- maintain a supportive and engaging team culture
- insist on high standards of technical design and implementation and ensure your systems are operationally excellent
- implement and enhance the long term security and privacy engineering strategy
- focus on application and operations engineering, building capability in both disciplines
- enable a infrastructure engineering mind set in all of product development.
- plan and prioritise impactful technical investment initiatives
You will also be a key contributor to:
- improve hiring and recruitment processes
- develop product objectives
- invest in GoCardless’ overall technical architecture
- ensure the scalability of our systems and working practices
What we have to offer:
Among other things:
- Focus on your growth and development: regular discussions with your manager (CTO) about your personal goals, feedback, coaching, learning and conference budget.
- A clear career progression: opportunities for growth and leadership aligned to our competencies framework.
- Ownership and autonomy: we give people problems to solve rather than specifications to implement, end to end ownership (deciding on the solution, implementing it, releasing it, maintaining it)
- Good work-life balance
What we're looking for
Given the versatile nature of the role, we’re looking for someone who learns fast, enjoys leading and collaborating with others, and is a pragmatic decision-maker.
- A comprehensive knowledge of web application security and network security and infrastructure operations.
- You are passionate about building software development teams.
- You have experience in hiring and developing great software engineers or site reliability engineers.
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to lead teams.
- Experience managing and optimising large infrastructure budgets (not essential)
- Experience in software development engineering (must have a substantial track record of building/engineering large applications, and must demonstrate strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals – e.g. data structures, algorithm design and problem solving).
- Experience in a leading role running a large production infrastructure supporting a substantial customer base (not essential)
- Experience line managing large teams of software/systems engineers including managing managers
Our team comes from a range of backgrounds, and we welcome diversity. Even if your experience doesn’t tick all of the boxes, please apply - we’d love to hear from you.